CN's #1 fan {sarcasm noted}

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by keepmine, Sep 15, 2003.

1. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

LOL - I don't ever use the validation letter here :)

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

And somehow, I don't miss those 10K word posts that could be said in 3 words.

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Read the whole thread -- it's great. Basically Bill confounds the heck out of these guys by giving them advice regarding how to respond. What's interesting is that if they respond with anything except proper validation they are playing into the consumer's hands, so Bill is really playing them nicely. :) Then he ends up debating with some collection fool named "Jim" who says the best way to answer a validation request is to respond by saying "Your offer is not acceptible." Bill then basically calls him a fool which I loved. :D

Doc

5. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

That's not the way I see it. I never appreciated his posts here. He always seemed to make the poster feel like they were disreputable but he did it very subtly. When posters caught on to him there would be a mini flame war and he would recede.

It's obvious whose side he is on by "analyzing" the letter and basically concluding it is worthless. I don't care for the letters either but at least I admit that in my posts. I always thought Bill was a wolf in sheep's clothing :/

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

The fact that SoParkDiva never appreciated his posts notwithstanding, Bill did provide quite a bit of useful information -- along, unfortunately, with a hefty dose of self-promotion.

By the way, some people never appreciated SoParkDiva's posts either, but I disagree with them too.

Doc

7. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Well said, Doc.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

What is MONKEYWRENCH doing on "THAT" web site???

9. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: CN's #1 fan {sarcasm noted}

He's running out of boards he is allowed to post to?

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Well, he always said that he had a lot of interests and over 200 web sites. Maybe he's a collector and a credit repair site. Play both sides of the game, take whichever gives the most return.

Just be glad he's over there bothering them. Maybe they'll spend all their time discussing validations and not validating our debts!!

11. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Ummm, what happened? I'm confused.

I thought jlynn just said she don't use "Validation" letters. Is that the consensus here? Does the validation letters shown in our forum here not hold water? Do you PsychDoc and others here who have read that post from "Collection Industry" agree that our sample validation letter (which BTW is almost completely the same letter posted there), is junk?

Where do we stand? LOL...after all people, I sent out about 12 of those letters last week. I did so with the knowledge that I received from reading other posts. Success stories abound from those letters. I am confused as to the validity of things being said in this forum based on what I just read.

Setting myself up for 12 court dates,

SnakeMan

12. voodochild

voodochild Well-Known Member

Looks to me like jlynn merely implied she doesn't submit someone else's homework. Everyone knows the letters here should be used for reference and as building blocks

13. SoParkDiva

:/

14. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Oh geez, I've scared the new guys LOL Sorry!

I don't use that letter in the sample forum, because I don't personally like it, and its past my comfort zone.

Give you one example -
    "Please return this completed form and attach all assignment or other transfer agreements that would establish your right to collect this debt."

To validate the OC has to send them the original docs, who has to forward it to me. Pretty much sums up their right to collect dont ya think?

I NEVER SAID ITS NOT GOOD, DOESN'T HOLD WATER, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT OKAY!

BTW - I've never used estoppel either :)

Voodoochild hit the nail on the head.

15. snakeman

Well then, I just plain $#@*#$ up!!!

Ehh well, I guess the worst that could happen is 12 court appearances and 12 more judgments.

At least I won't have anymore collection accts.

Dismayed,

SnakeMan

16. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

I knew there was a reason I hated that letter. BB verifies that it was written by the infamous John Gliha, of "Dueprocess.com".

His Estoppel letter is even worse.

Thanx Keep.

:)

17. SoParkDiva

Snakeman, the truth is those letters only work for you if the account is truly not yours & you don't owe the debt. If you owe the debt the CA's now know where to find you.

I posted about this a couple of months ago. Posters copy the letter and send it almost verbatim to the CA's. I would definitely choose a different course of action than the one everyone else is using.

I would throw such letters in the trash if I worked for a CA. I wouldn't even read them. People have to be more creative in their approach to debt repair. CA reps are overworked and underpaid. A letter like that will only incense them and you will never get the remedy you seek.

18. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

BILL!!!!

I still remember Bill from CreditMania....

I miss his posts.

19. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

20. snakeman

Fair enough. So now that I DID send those letters, should I sit down, tuck my head between my legs and kiss my a$$ goodbye?

....here let me answer that for ya with a big fat SMOOCH!

Still whiping my nose off,

SnakeMan