CO in Error

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texcap, Aug 15, 2003.

1. texcap

texcap New Member

I am a newbie and have some specific questions regarding CO errors.

We had a problem with insurance billing about three years ago with Children's Hospital of Dallas. The hospital assigned the bill to NCO Financial for collection. When NCO contacted me in 2001 I then contacted Children's who agreed that this should not have happened. Needless to say, the whole situation is still on my CR. Exp and EQ have them listed as CO's from NCO. TU has it listed as a CO from the hospital. I contacted the hospital in July and they again agreed that this was in error. They sent me a letter on 7/17/2003 that said in part:

"After reviewing your account it was determined that it had been forwarded to NCO collection agency, and later to a credit bureau in error. The account has been paid in full, and you were not at fault for the error. I have notified NCO of the error and requested that they recall your account from the credit bureau per the attached request."

I have several questions:

1) How long should I wait for this stuff to be deleted on my CR?
    2) Should I take action with the CRA to try to get this removed by sending them the copies of the letter?
    3) How will I know when this comes off my CR?

4) Does the CRA have to send me an updated copy since I did not initiate the action?

Thanks!

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I've seen it take 30-45 days.

This could speed up the process as you will lock them into 30 days

If you do #2 above, you will know at the end of the investigation. If you do nothing and wait for the CA and OC to handle you won't know, unless you subscribe to one of the online services.

Not if you don't initiate the action. I recommend #2 above.

3. texcap

texcap New Member

Thanks for the info. I think I will #2 and send information to CRA's.

Should I send in any particular validation letter or should I just send in the copies of what the hospital sent me?

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Nah, just tell them it is incorrect, please delete, and see copy of attached information.