Cobalt Card latest Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Dec 5, 2000.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Got this in my email box today

Thank you for your patience while we process your enrollment. Your
    enrollment should be completed by next week. We apologize for the
    inconvenience and the time it's taking to process. Please check your emails
    periodically for status updates.

2. Killer

Killer Guest

When did you enroll?

P.S. So sorry about optima!! AMEX reps should have never gotten our hopes up! You keep being persistent!

3. niecy25

I applied back on the 11th of October. But I keep on them so they always send me updates. I know I am trying to keep a little hope alive but I am really very discouraged right now and ready just to give up the notion of ever getting any type of "secured" card from AMEX.

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Be patient...I honestly believe something is in the making! The reps just aren't aware yet and are confused. Probably shortly into next year we will see something definite.

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Oh yea..I enrolled for a Cobalt in mid-Nov..so i guess i will get a notice in mid-Jan..lol

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Neicy,

I received an e-mail from Cobalt today. It said my app will be processed very soon and keep watching my e-mail for instructions. Are you still interested in Cobalt now that we are extremely sure that Optima is coming back? Remember my sources said about March or April. And your sources sounded if it could be sooner than that.

7. niecy25

I am going to go for it you can never be too sure. I will keep both if they actually materialize. You can do everything with the Cobalt card except for rent cars I think. So I will go ahead and get it and use it until the new "optima" comes around. And just in case the new one never comes around at least I will have one of them.

8. TK

TK Guest

I'm not farmilar with the cobalt card, what is this ? is it an alternitive to the optima ?