Cobalt Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by once38, Jul 18, 2001.

1. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Just got it in the mail today,and its a lot of fun to have any card with American Express on it.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations! It is fun, too! I used it in the Farm Fresh here, and the clerk (a college student) said "wow! is that one hard to get?" LOL

breeze

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Was approval instant?

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Ok, it's 5:33 a.m. Eastern time, and we're up with a fussy yet oh-so-cute baby girl. Now I'm awake and don't want to go back to sleep. What to do? Check CREDITNET of course. [Groan, I'm addicted.] Now it's my turn to weigh in with a Cobaltcard moment:

I was at El Charro Mexican Restaurant for lunch yesterday and received the wow response also. Upon being handed the card, our young waiter exclaimed: "Wow, I've never seen an American Express card that looked like that before, señor."

So it's a toy, but it's a fun toy.

Randy

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

P.S. for Nana: Yep! :) :) ;-)

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Sigh..hubby and I are gonna be the only ones in the world that don't get instant approval. :( I hope it's our address issue.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

NanaC that's all it could be, really. All they check is your ID. Have you called them?

breeze

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

No, Breeze, I haven't called. They said (when I check status) that I'll receive an email within 48 hours stating what they need to complete processing.

Ok...everyone needs to know that I'm a bit of a chicken on calling..I'll do it eventually, but I have to build up my nerve. I couldn't call yesterday on hubby cuz it was hubby but I applied last night so I suppose I can call on me. I definitely need encouragement to call...bawk..bawk..bawk..

See, that's why I want chickens in my kitchen..I relate! ROFL

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh, I am the same way about some things. When you think it may be something wrong...scared to find out what it really is.

Well, if they said email in 48 hrs, wait the 48 hrs, then. LOL

I have somebody I need to call and am putting it off too. ;)

breeze

10. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Hey Nana,

I just tried to apply for this card and I too received the same response as you. Cobalt is unable to confirm my application. I also moved, but that was back in March. They say e-mail will arrive within 48 hours that will "outline" what they need to further process my application.

This is almost as bad as the Equifax letter I received last week that says they cannot process my disputes until they verify my new address. This really blows!

Keep us up to date on your situation with Cobalt.

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oh, man...well, at least we are in this together, right? I haven't gotten anything ..and hubby's has been in for 24. I'll let you know what I know..will you do the same? Thanks..

12. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

NanaC, and anyone else who is afraid they'll be denied for the Cobaltcard - FYI and FWIW:

I was approved for the Cobaltcard yesterday online in a matter of minutes, DESPITE the fact that I discharged two AMEX accounts in a 1993 bankruptcy (and those accounts are still unpaid) and despite the fact that I have a yucky credit score (which I don't think they even check anyways). So, for those of you who are afraid you won't get the card, don't fret - you probably will. Your problems are likely just due to verification issues with respect to your addresses, social security nos., etc. I think that if I got the card, anyone can get it.

Hang in there!

13. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Sure, Nana. As soon as I hear, I will let you know what they say.

14. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Just checked my e-mail. I received a letter from Cobalt that says they have received and are processing my completed application. It also states that I may log on (I did receive a user ID and created a password) to check the status of my application.

Did you get the option to create an online ID, Nana? Have not checked it though yet as I am at work.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, I did (so did hubby). It was the ID we created when applying. I went there..and it gives you the same message about 48 hours to outline additional info needed, etc. At least so far.

16. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Nana,

Maybe we threw them off. Maybe we are TOO old to get this card! We are in the "over 18" category!

Just joking, I know there are plenty others on the board over 18 that have this card ;-)

Can't wait to find out what the big hold up is, though.

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hmmm...maybe it's them, not us? Imagine that! LOL

Teehee..that's right..I did click over 18...not happily either!