Cobalt Contact?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jul 22, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I have a quick question...does anybody know if this card looks good by any chance?

ROFL

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Nana,

I think you have become delerious from waiting for the e-mail we should have received in 48 hours, 48 hours ago! 96 hours, still waiting! BTW did you go and give them your DNA sample and video tape your residence as I think is a condition of getting this card? LOL

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

dlo...I didn't..and I'm beginning to think that is what is holding up your account, too...I was packaging up my computer (cuz I heard they would have it picked up to check my identity there as well) and I realized that the problem was our approvals must be dependent on each other. I've gotten my list of prescriptions ready and I have my medical history....but they haven't arrived. I'm scheduled for my Cobaltcard physical at 3 today..how about you? I'm a little annoyed with the urine sample request, though.

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am getting all that stuff prepared too.

I ended up cloaking my computer so they will have one heck of a time finding it. I am considering what the goverment did to avoid the big virus last week and change my IP address! ;)

I think the next requirement to get this card is that we get together and do a vulcan mind melt!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I heard we had to go to tryouts like those for A Chorus Line. (Kick higher, higher..point those toes!)

I also heard they have their own version of the casting couch called the "credit couch."

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Are y'all by any chance in the federal witness protection program??

breeze

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oh, geez, do you think that has anything to do with this?? A little identity change and they get their cobalt panties all in an uproar? What kind of company is this? My cobalt card is going to read Squealer NanaC

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I feel WANTED!

FINALLY, received an e-mail from Cobalt. I think this is a result of the message I left on voice mail yesterday as the e-mail was from the same person I left the message with.

It was an address issue. They needed some proof of my new address (new? I have been here since March!).

Nana, call 888-353-5884 and see if you can find out if this is the same problem with your application. I know you hate calling, but come on-you can do it, I am holding your hand :-D

We will see how long this will now take until I can finally fund my card and get my account number.

No longer feeling unwanted by Cobalt...for now at least!

9. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

I warned everybody that they were going to go thru this due to their stupid change in the way they do accounts now;should I now give names/phone #s/e-mails ?

Sister Girl

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, DLO, I'm jealous..and we can no longer be friends as you are no longer a wannabe cobalt member. LOL

Just kidding..you gave me good advice, I gathered my courage and she is going to send that out in email to me and hubby today. Said it was either address or ss confirmation needed. Tada!
    :)

11. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Fine! Be that way! LOL

Anyway, I just got home and checked my e-mail. My application has been approved! I am not too happy that you cannot fund this card from your checking account right now (because of problems). Still I funded it with a small amount for now, got my number and will get the card soon.

Nana, any news back from them yet? I know they told you either SSN or address problem, I'll bet it's an address issue since you just moved.

dlo64

No longer ignored by Cobalt!

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ta-da! I got my emails and I faxed utility bills to confirm address. I"m really disappointed in the checking account info, too..boo..that's the whole reason I want them and for that secret reason, too.

Ugh..I'm getting a nasty summer cold...

13. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Nana! You would think we were applying for a regular credit card the way we have been going back and forth about it!

I really hope they fix the problem with the funding by checking account thing.

Are you official yet or still waiting?

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I know..LOL

I'm still waiting, I didn't send it until 4:15 mst...I don't know what time they are on..we'll see..we'll update you.

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yayyyyyyyy!!! Welcome to Cobalt Cardsmanship!!!

You are now AmEx cardholders!!!

Listen there has got to be a way around the checking account problem. Try this, for starters - if you have the yahoo paydirect account, move money from your checking account to your yahoo account, then to your credit card that you want to use to fund your yahoo account. Then go to Cobalt and fund your cobalt card. The money is available immediately, when your CCC authorizxes the "purchase" and you probably won't even have any lag because of the processing times - they should be about the same.

Maybe this will tide you over til they get the problem worked out. I know I know, but........

breeze

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Eastern time Nana - at least all the other stuff is.

breeze

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Official!

OK, Hubby and I are official! I didn't realize we would be eligible for all those AMEX benefits..that's cool!

18. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Re: Official!

Nana,

Congrats! Welcome to the "No Longer Ignored by Cobalt" club! See I knew if we pushed, we would get our way!

Now, can't wait to get this card!

19. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Official!

Awww...my old motto...desperation is the KEY!!

20. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

The DNA example.......

was a nice touch! Well done - just wanted to let you know your sarcasm CAN BE appreciated - just by improving it a small amount each time!

kindest regards - dogman