Cobalt Contact?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Jul 22, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: The DNA example.......

IN my case, the DNA wasn't it..it was the urine sample..LOL

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Can you be more specific about this part: How do you convert & how come it's free? Thanks.

Saar

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Hi, Saar. A few days after receiving your Cobalt Card, you'll get a letter that says:

"Dear _____: It is my pleasure to confirm your enrollment in the Express Cash Program. Now you can enjoy the added security and convenience of obtaining cash from the funds on your stored value card at over 270,000 ATM locations worldwide or American Express Travelers Cheques from the funds on your stored value card at any American Express dispenser. Simply use the American Express Stored Value Card and your new Personal Identification Number (PIN) shown below... For more information about the Express Cash (ATM) Program, please call the toll-free number listed on the back of your Card or refer to the enclosed terms and conditions."

The Terms and Conditions basically state stuff like (quoting):

"3. Limits on obtaining cash or Cheques. You shall not obtain at any time more cash or Cheques from the Stored Value Card than is available from funds loaded on the Card."

"4. Payment for cash or Cheques. You authorize us or our agent to debit the amount of the transaction from the amount assigned to the Card. The amount of the transaction shall be the amount of cash you have received and/or the face value of the Cheques plus any applicable fees or charges. The fees and charges are disclosed below in the section entitled 'Charges.'"

Then it goes on to say that they may charge a fee as specified in the Cardholder Agreement. When you look at the Cardholder Agreement, it says there is no charge to use American Express branded ATMs or Travelers Cheques kiosks. It all goes on and on and on, so I'll stop now before I put you to sleep.

The customer service number will tell you where to find American Express branded ATMs and Travelers Cheques kiosks. Here in Knoxville, there are two (count 'em... one... two...) such AmEx-branded machines. Of course you can use other ATMs but there is a small fee levied ($1.50, irrespective of the amount).

Hope you are thoroughly edified now. :)

Doc

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Doc ....

I enjoy your writing style very much. A true compliment from a Journalism BA guy - minor
    Advertising/Public Relations.

Ended up in Internet - the one that is in business :)
    c ya dogman

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Doc ....

Shucks, dogman, I wish you hadn't said that. Now I'm feeling so self-conscious that I'll end up writing two and three word grunts in all capital letters from here on out, lol. But thank you! :)

Doc

6. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    I just filled out the application for this card and it said "unable to process" and I'll get a e-mail. Then I got a e-mail in about 3 minutes. The e-mail said to go to cobalt.com and I could check status. Well I did, had to enter password and user name, then I got the same message as before. I looked at their site and cant find anywhere that says they do a credit check. If they do, I just wasted my time. Why do they need your ss# I wonder.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Even though you pre pay...If you ever stiffed them $$$$, they then can deny you...they cross reference everybody by SS#...

NOBODY has said they have pulled a "SOFT" or "HARD" ever, that I have been told about.

8. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Thanks George, I guess I'm ok then.
    Candi

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks Doc!

I did ask you to elaborate, so the size of your post was just right ;)

Saar

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Candi: They only do an indentification check, not a credit check. If you don't get the email in 48 hours, you'll need to call and they'll get it out to you right away. It will ask for proof of your address or SS#. Mine was my address. The phone number to call is listed on this thread! :)

11. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it does not matter if you included them in a BK or not. I had to file them last year (been debating about re-affirming, because I also had an Optima also included and the balance I owed was a little too steep for me to pay back right now). Anyway, I still was approved for this card. It really should not matter anyway since you have to fund the card with your own money before they ever send the card out and you have to keep it funded in order to use it. So as for my case, they did not cross reference.

If you moved recently and your address is not updated with Equifax, that will cause an unable to process message. They do not pull a credit check, however according to Breeze, they somehow use EQ to verify your address.