Cobaltcard--does it put a hard INQ

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by texastrini, Aug 4, 2001.

1. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Do they do a hard inquiry?

Any have any experience with this card?

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

This is not a credit card. It is like a debit card. You fund the card from either another credit card or debit card. There is no inquiry. Cobalt only verifies identity with address. This card does not get reported on your credit card. It is more of a convenience card for when you do not want to use a regular credit card.

3. texastrini

thanks...I just learned that they no longer accept funding from checking accounts.

I was hoping to use it for a small biz online purchases.

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

They WILL accept funding from checking accounts, but they can't seem to get the function working properly yet. But I'm told they will have it online within the next few weeks.

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Cobaltcard--does it put a hard

Actually, that's incorrect. Cobaltcard is about to launch the capability to fund from checking accounts. Until that capability becomes active, Cobaltcard will not surcharge if you fund from a regular credit card (or a debit/check card). Funding from your checking account will be free.

Randy

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Ack, I should have been specific who I was "incorrecting"... LOL... Texastrini, you're the culprit, hehe... When you said that they would "no longer" accept checking account funding, you were incorrect. They're about to launch that feature.

Randy

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hold them horses...there's discussion about this inquiry...mine showed up as a "DTC" inquiry...but we are having trouble figuring out what that is!

8. texastrini

I called the CRA two weeks ago about this.
    There are two levels to which potential creditors get to view your file and/or get your contact info.

In a nutshell :

DTC---promotional/preapproved canadite. Most likely this creditor has reviewed your entire file before and/from more than one CRA and has will like to make you an offer. Level 2

PRM---promotional marketing done by some criteria you might have fit. Creditor did not specifically ask for your file just that you fit a profile.
    Level 1

Sorry about the typo's (I multi-task)

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Impressive! ;)

breeze

10. texastrini

Oh breeze, thanks for the compliment :}

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Good info..but the DTC is a soft then? And, if this is the case, it would be to my benefit to have an updated report sent to AMEX now that the bk is off as they pulled this before that happened, correct??

12. texastrini

Yes mam, the DTC is soft.

Rule of Thumd---if the entry is lead by the business name than it is a hard inquiry.

Any code PRM, AR, DTC, ID are all viewable only be the consumer.

Yes I would ask that a report be sent to all creditors that hard pulled your report and denied credit due to negative that was listed.

Oh--Nana thanks for having a question that I could help with.

I feel that everyone on this board are more experienced than I so I let them take a stab at it.

I stepped up this time so I hope you find my info useful and helpful

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

You were super helpful and very calming! Especially after I had that Dell inquiry today that I still don't know if it will be a wasted inquiry or not! So, your news was good news!

Thank you kindly!!! You most certainly did step up! And, it's not the first time you've done this, by the way, I've noticed! ::::wink:::::

14. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Well, then, I may have a problem with IPlace (or QSpace or ConsumerInfo - they don't know what to call themselves!).

I used to have credit file monitoring with thru subscription maybe two years ago when the other "me" appeared on my file. After "she" was off them and the coast seemed clear I cancelled.

In May I took ConsumerInfo up on a 30day free offer for an Equifax profile. The resulting inquiry does not have a code in front of it. It just says:

IPlace - disclosure

I went back and looked at the old profiles and they used to be coded as AR-IPlace - disclosure.

Looks like I may have a hard inquiry and didn't know it. Thanks for the info - Monday I'll dispute it.