COBALTCARD Unreliable....AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 28, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Well, I had not used the great COBALTCARD in a while - finding it to be of less and less value.

I have $14.17 available LOL! BUT - just went to snap dollars onto the card and the system is down - and it apologizes that they are unable to do any funding! They will notify everyone when the upgrade is completed!

I have a feeling that I am going to charge $14.17, then say adios to what could have been a different experience.

arf - dogman

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I think it could be a very useful card. I am disappointed that Cobalt still has not worked through the problem of funding your account with your checking account. Have about $20 funded to my card. Funded hubby's initially with $40. Have never used mine. Hubby has used his a couple of times to get gas (the downside to that is you have to go in to the gas station to pay instead of pre-paying at the pump). Think he has about $16 left on his. Hubby likes it, but keeping my small balance in case of emegency.

Did get the PayPal debit card, but have not funded my PayPal account since I got it. Have some stuff listed on Ebay and hope if someone bids, they will pay through PayPal so I will have some mad money.

Hopefully Cobalt will get their stuff together because even though it is not a credit card, it sure looks cool. Thanks for the heads up, Dog. {{wagging tail to you}}

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

HI dlo64!

Question - how exactly does ebay work with paypal?
    I put my watch on ebay and you bid. OK. You get it.
    Now, how do I get the watch to you and how is the money moved through paypal? I have just never done the online auction thing - I BUILD the access for that type of data transport - but have never BID?

The COBALTCARD does look super! I gotta say that Visa Platinum Check Card outshines the heck out of it - it looks like I should polish it! LOL!

c ya dogman

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I haven't touched my Cobaltcard in ages. It is a handy card but what messed me up is that I wanted to change funding sources so I deleted all my sources to add new one(s). I wouldn't let me add ANYTHING! I was like WTF? So I called and they logged a ticket, etc. and NEVER got back to me. That was about 1 1/2 months ago. Oh well...

I hope they can get it together because that card has proven to be very useful to me.

5. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

AMEX got hit hard (system wise) with the attack. Many of the systems are operating out of a hotel right now- no, really, they have taken over a 700 room hotel.

I'm flying into Mnhattan Sunday night to work on the system next week.

Shawn

6. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Just got the cobalt card today, its the prettiest one in my wallet!

Can't wait to try using the cobalt "secret" ...

-Roman

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Dogman,

You would set up an account by going to www.paypal.com. I have had my account for two years, but it has been awhile since I have used it.

It allows you to pay for an auction using a Visa or MasterCard. It is less expensive than a merchant account and many users are just like me, they do not have merchant accounts. You bid on an auction and at the end of the auction you win. You want to pay by Visa. I have a link on my auction page that you can click on to pay me or you can go to paypal.com, log in, and click the send money option and follow the instructions. Once your transaction is approved I am sent an e-mail from paypal telling me you have paid me. I go and check my account to verify that the funds are there and I send you your item.

It is really quite easy and very efficient. Instead of waiting days for snail mail payment, the payment is in my account usually within an hour or so. I can then immediately ship your item.

You can then either use your debit card to get your money or use the money in your account to purchase something. The other way to get your money is to have paypal ACH the funds to your bank account of choice you have registered with them.

You can also fund your account with your bank account. I have never had any problems and like it. I am sure others on the board have used them as well.

Hope this helps.

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Roman- Remember, it's a secret :-x

By the way, there is a 1 1/2% cash back thing with the PayPal debit card.

BTW Maybe AMEX will lose my derogs with them because of their system problems! LOL

9. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

My Lips are sealed. I don't want PBM closing this thread too. LOL

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Secret??? I've been gone for a couple of weeks. Anything new or is it the same thing I've known for months???

If it's a new something... I'll enable email and someone can enlighten me :)

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

It's the same thing you already know ;)

Chase CTG is not operating either, Marie, due to the crisis conditions.

12. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I've gotten GREAT use of the Cobaltcard. I've fallen into the habit of using it when making online purchases.

Doc

13. Surphie

Surphie Well-Known Member

Adios to it?

?

Where's Dogman, the AMEX junkie?