COLDATA, GULF STATES or CREDIT

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mba, Jan 25, 2001.

1. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Some people are denied credit and in trying to learn the reason, they are told that a company named Coldata, or one called Gulf States, or one called Creditrust appears as a creditor on their credit report.

Some people request copies of their credit report and upon reviewing it learn for the first time that one of these companies appear on it.

Some people do not know that any of these companies appear on their credit report, but when they apply for credit, they are asked about these negative entries, and of course they know nothing about them, and then they have to go about trying to contact them to find out what this is all about, and settle up with them.

If this happened to you, I would like you to contact me as I am trying to determine how widespread this practice is throughout the United States and to whom how many people this might have happened.

Rest assured, I am not affiliated with any of these companies, and I am not posting this message to get anyone to contact me to clear up any debts.

mba9999@aol.com
    Dated: Thursday, January 25, 2001

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: COLDATA, GULF STATES or CR

creditrust is on my experian, clearly marked collections for two specific accounts. I will dispute them, or let them age in 1.5 years. they didnt attack my experian or equifax.

3. curious

curious Well-Known Member

What is your angle?

Hi,
    I have been watching you make posts about Coldata on this board for about a year or more. You always ask people to send their story to you. But you never say why.Why?
    What is in it for you? Why should you care if alot of people are dealing with Coldata? Are you trying to collect names for a potential class action suit?
    If you weren't so mysterious, perhaps you would get more cooperation.

4. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: What is your angle?

Curious: If you would provide an e-mail address or a phone number, I will respond to you.

5. curious

I have already been in contact with you. About 9 months ago I sent you my story with Coldata. You wrote back basically said thanks. You did not tell me what the information was being used for or why you were compiling the database. I have no reason to believe that you will come forth now, if I tried again.

6. mba

mba Well-Known Member

If you want to send me an e-mail reminding me who your earlier response was from (did you use the bame "Curious" at the time?) I will try to check it out and get back to you.

7. curious

I am not surprised that you refuse to state why you want this information. What do you have to hide? Why does it have to be PEM?

About 9 months ago when I first contacted you (we exchanged two or three mails) you did not explain to me then what you wanted the information for, even tho I told you my personal story of dealing with Coldata. After telling you my story,I asked you why you wanted this information. You didn't respond back.

Why should I believe you now, that if I give you my email address, that you will make a full explaination? If you wouldnt' do it then when I had shared my experience with you, why should I believe you now?

Seriously, I am not trying to be pain in the ass. I am just curious why you are collecting Coldata experiences. Obviously there is something in it for you or you would not be doing it. Especially having the data gathering going on for over a year. So what is your angle? And why can't you say so publicly?

8. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: What is your's?

Time really flies. However, I did not realize that it has been a year since I first posted about this. Are you sure about your dates?

Unless you identify yourself, I have no reason to respond further to you.

9. curious

Yep, just a sleeze bag chicken @!#$ scam artist trying to get people to tell their horror stories to you for some unknown reason. Obviously you are not on the up and up or you would have revealed why you wanted this information.

10. mba

mba Well-Known Member

I do not think that you ever communicated directly with me, how's that!

curious wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Yep, just a sleeze bag chicken @!#$ scam artist trying to get people to tell their horror stories to you for some unknown reason. Obviously you are not on the up and up or you would have revealed why you wanted this information.

11. William Wa

William Wa Guest

It doesn't matter. There is no valid reason for you not to say publicly why you are collecting this information, and without it, I would take the stance, and recommend to others, not to deal with you.

Whatever you are up to, it can't be on the up and up if you are not willing to answer a very simple question.

12. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: COLDATA, GULF STATES or CR

Sam: you mention Experian twice. Did you mean to state Trans Union? January 29, 2001

sam wrote:
    -------------------------------
    creditrust is on my experian, clearly marked collections for two specific accounts. I will dispute them, or let them age in 1.5 years. they didnt attack my experian or equifax.