COLDATA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by STEVE G, Nov 14, 2000.

1. STEVE G

STEVE G Guest

I received a collecion notice from them yesterday on a chrged off credit card acct. from 96. The letter had the "if you dispute within 30 days of receiving this letter...",
    problem is the letter was dated October 15, and the postmark on the envelope was November 9!!!! I called them and told them I was filing a complaint with the FTC and the lady said "we are not responsible for the post office". What a dumb @#@, it was their postmark, the letter only took 3 days to get to me but they Illegally pre-dated the letter. Where should I go from here. Should I file a complaint w/FTC. I kept the envelope with the postmark.

2. lisa

lisa Guest

Coldata is the worst!

I hate this company. I have a debt from 8 years ago and they are still sending me letters trying to collect and trying to report to the cra's, then the cra will remove it, and on and on. File a complaint-I'm sure you won't be the only one.

3. pat

pat Guest

File a complaint with the FTC and the Attorney General in your state. You have a cause of action for an FDCPA lawsuit in small claims court where you live- it is a minimum $1000 because the explanation of your right to 30 days to dispute isn't clear (to the "least sophisticated consumer", which is the standard fashioned by US Circuit Courts of Appeal).

If you sue 'em, expecting $1000, let me know & I will mail you several US Appeals Court precedents. (the FDCPA provides that an action may be brought in either US District Court, or state court).

Happy Hunting.

4. mba in Pit

mba in Pit Guest

E-mail me if COLDATA, NCO, NCO FIN SVC, NCO GREAT TRUST or CITIFINANCIAL appears ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT - mba9999@aol.com

5. pat

pat Guest

e mail MBA too!

the more, the merrier!