Coll. Agency or Original Creditor?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imhosed, Oct 18, 2001.

  1. Imhosed

    Imhosed Well-Known Member

    I am helping my fiancee improve her credit score. She has a chargeoff of about $2000 with Saks Fifth Avenue. She got he card as an employee. It was chargeoff in 1999. We called them up trying to settle and they told us it has been referred to a collection agency but is been reported to the CRA's by the Saks. The collection agency has not reported anything to the CRAs.

    This is my question. Do we send a validation letter to the collection agency or to Saks? I am almost positive that they will be able to validate since she worked there. How do we approach this? Do we work with the collection agency or try to work with Saks.

    Thanks in advance for any inputs.
  2. KristyW

    KristyW Well-Known Member

    I'd try the collection agency first.
  3. roni

    roni Well-Known Member

    I would send a C&D letter to the collections agency with a copy to SAKS. Then contact a MANAGER at SAKS to nego a settlement that includes deletion of the tradeline.

Share This Page