Collection Accounts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ryan, Oct 4, 2000.

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I had an account in collection and I contacted the collection agency and they had no record of the account there. I called the original creditor and they told me that they had the account sent back to them and it was no longer in collection. Should this still show up on my Credit report as a collection account and if so is there a way I can have it deleted since I have made arrangments to pay the debt with the original creditor.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am not sure about this in regards to who is reporting, but I do know IF you agree to settle this account make sure you have them in return Agree to remove this item from your report in exchange for paying the debt, don't let them tell you they can't either. Also not sure how maybe others can contribute?? Make sure you pay the one that is reporting this debt.

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ok, what happened is that the accounts were sent from the original creditor to a collection agency. I hadn't paid the collection agency and the creditor got the debt back and sent it to a different collection agency. I have arranged with the second agency to pay them the debt. My question is can I get the other collection agency off of my credit report since the debt is no longer with them?