Collection Acct - Need Help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chriscraft, Jul 16, 2001.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Okay, all you credit repair gurus out there, I need your sage advice.

I have an unpaid account for $143 from a pest control operator. The account went to collections in early 2000. I have been disputing the item with the CRAs for the past 7 months with no luck. Recently, I wrote the collection agency trying to obtain deletion of the item in exchange for full payment. That didn't work. This morning I called the creditor directly to negotiate removal. That failed as well. The creditor told me that they will not delete the item from my report but will report it paid in full. Whoopee. They also told me that my payment would have to go to the collection agency (I.C. Systems) directly, as they sold the account to them. (This, of course, begs the question as to why the original creditor is even involved at this point.)

Anyways, this collection account is reporting on my Experian and Equifax reports. What do I do now? Just pay it in full and continue disputing the item through the CRA's? Or send a validation letter to the collection agency while continuing to dispute with the CRAs? Or try the restrictive endorsement route? Or what?

I want to resolve this now. Anyone have any ideas for me on this one? Help!!!

2. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Any help out there???

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I think this went a big backwards..it would have been more beneficial to ask for validation first then move to payment for deletion. Even though they may say you already (by virtue of offering payment) affirmed the debt, I would seek validation. I use Lizardking's validation letter..and I have had success with removal of items after offering payment (mistakes made in learning!)

Good luck!

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oooh, let me clarify this..mistakes made while I was learning, I meant...:) I'm still making 'em..sigh..but someday I'll figure it out ...or not..

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, you have pretty well learned that spamming the credit bureaus didn't work.

So now why not just get rid of the debt entirely? Force them to eat the debt and make them delete it for you. Then you will not only not ever have to pay the debt nor will you ever have to worry about spamming the credit bureus either.

And for heavens sakes, don't pay them a crying dime because that will make it almost impossible for you to get rid of it.

Don't fiddle with them anymore. Do the job right and you wont' have to worry about it anymore.