Collection After BK7 Help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BostonJeff, Jun 22, 2001.

1. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with a collection agency that is trying to collect an old FCNB account discharged through chap 7 three years ago?

I afraid this item will go on my credit report again. Am I correct in assuming that once it has been discharged they can no longer collect?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

You are correct. Sears tried to collect on an account of mine months after my Chapter 7. I sent them a copy of the discharge papers along with a copy of the petition with their account highlighted.

I politely told them I would file suit against them for violation of this court order if they did not immediately stop harassing me. I never heard from them again.

Tom

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Citibank sent a CA after I was discharged from bk-13. It took three phone calls before they stop. Just last Jan another CA tried to collect on this debt. The CA pulled two hard inquires on my TU report.

My advise is to tell the CA that your debt was discharged in bk.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Happened to me, too...simply state that it was discharged in Chap. 7. If you contact your lawyer from the BK, they may even help..ours did!