Collection Agency...need advic

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DeeJai, Jun 8, 2000.

1. DeeJai

DeeJai Guest

A recent Equifax report revealed a collection added 3/2000 for a delinquent cable bill due in 1999. My account is currently active & the amount in question was paid directly to the cable company in August, 1999. I called the cable company & was told that there had been an mistake & that they would contact the collection agency. The cable rep called me back & told me that the collection agency stated they will "withdraw" the collection from my report. 2 days later I received a letter from the collection agency saying that the cable company notified them of my "recent" reconnection. Further that they assure me that any CRA who was notified of the delinquent account will be notified of my satisfactory resolution. I do not want this on my credit report at all. (I am trying to qualify for a mortgage) I have sent a letter to the cable company & I plan to send a copy to the collection agency. Should I have Equifax investigate or should I wait for a resolution from the collection agency? Thanks for your help!

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member

RE: Collection Agency...need a

Immediately dispute the issue with all 3 CRAs...get them from all directions..the cable company and the collection agency have nothing at stake, so they'll move like snails...send as much proof as you can (if anything) to the CRAs...in your dispute, make sure you demand the collection is removed, as it is false and does not belong to you...very likely there will be no response, and it will be removed...

3. DeeJai

DeeJai Guest

Thanks, Don!

4. Jaclyn Eak

Jaclyn Eak Guest

I had a key bank visa and somethings came up and I now owe 1072.00 on it and they will not work with me at all they turned it in for a judgement and say they will put a lean on the property and also ganish my wages and in thirty days forcr forclosure on me I have no I deal what to do I have offered to pay it in full in 60 days we have offered to pay half now and half in 2 weeks they refused to work with us at all.