Collection agency "poison

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrot, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I have a copy of my latest EQ report and noticed CBC Collections has put three hard inquiries on my report for a debt that is not being reported on Equifax. The inquires are dated in February, May, and November of 2000. The thing is, I began making payments to NCO for this debt in January of 2000 and finished paying the account in September. CBC sent me a notice of collections in November and the original creditor, AT & T straightened them out.

My question is this: did they have a "permissible purpose" for pulling my report since the account was already in the possession of another collection agency? I would think that since I was making payments to NCO for at least a month before CBC started putting inquiries on my account, there is no way they can claim the account was theirs to collect. How should I proceed with getting them to remove these inquiries? I've worked too hard to straighten out my credit to have an agency "poison" my account with these inquiries.

2. MBA in Pit

MBA in Pit Guest

RE: Collection agency "po

Feel free to e-mail me your phone number and I will call you as this happened to me and I asserted a claim and collected. 1-03-01

3. skip

skip Guest

I have the same or similiar problem which I want to resolve. i disputed an account with the cra because it was beyond the seven years. The collection agency then put a hard inquiry on my report knowing they couldn't report it any other way.

4. MBA in Pit

MBA in Pit Guest

Skip: who was the collection agency?