Collection Agency Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by myong, Mar 23, 2001.

1. myong

myong Active Member

If I have an unpaid collection account for three years, and then make a small payment to them, does that start the sol all over again, even if I didn't actually set up an agreement to make payments on the account. On the letter that I usually receive, it has options on it that say

Yes, I intend to pay. Please do not start a lawsuit.

Payment in full enclosed.

I well Pay on__________ (Date)

I need to discuss this. My daytime phone is_________.

If I checked off the first one, and sent them a small payment, does that mean I agreed to a contract of payments, and in the process, starting the sol all over again.

I would appreciate any input, it's so hard to understand how things work with collection agency's

Thanks
    Myong

2. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Send a validation letter

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Collection Agency Question
    Author: Myong (---.tnt2.gardnerville.nv.da.uu.net)
    Date: 03-23-01 19:47

If I have an unpaid collection account for three years, and then make a small payment to them, does that start the sol all over again, even if I didn't actually set up an agreement to make payments on the account.====YES

On the letter that I usually receive, it has options on it that say

Yes, I intend to pay. Please do not start a lawsuit.

Payment in full enclosed.

I well Pay on__________ (Date)

I need to discuss this. My daytime phone is_________.

If I checked off the first one, and sent them a small payment, does that mean I agreed to a contract of payments, and in the process, starting the sol all over again.=====Y E S

I would appreciate any input, it's so hard to understand how things work with collection agency's

Thanks
    Myong

Reply To Message == URGENT - IMPORTANT ****Don't send them any money:
    Do send them a VAL.Letter . There are many exanples of these letters on this board"
    Do a search on the board for VALIDATION & YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF THEM""

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Thanks
    Myong

Reply To Message == URGENT - IMPORTANT ****Don't send them any money:
    Do send them a VAL.Letter . There are many exanples of these letters on this board"
    Do a search on the board for VALIDATION & YOU WILL FIND A LOT on THEM =and how to use them!