collection agency update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jul 31, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I got the green card back yesterday re: the certified letter I sent to the ca about reporting a collection to experian without ever notifying me Their failure to notify violated the FDCPA in which they must give me 30 days to dispute, and if I do, they must cease collection activities including reporting it.
    They signed on the 26th. I gave them 5 days to remove it from exp. or I would file a lawsuit and complaints with the ftc and my state atty. gen'l. Today is the 5th day and no response and no removal. If it isn't gone by the time creditexpert updates tomorrow a.m., it's to the courthouse I go. I will no longer be pushed around by these types of a%#holes.

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

LKH, can you elaborate on failure to report? Is there a law stating that they have to notify prior to insertion? I ask b/c I didn't receive notification that an item would be inserted on my report until 6 months after the fact.

Also, this collector pulled a hard inquiry for me at the time of insertion. The account in question occurred at prior address. However, if my address was correct on the report at that time, shouldn't they have sent the notification to my address as listed on the report at that time? Thanks.

If any of the above is true, this will be my third phase of attack on these vermin.