Collection Attorney's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tuit, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

I requested validation from Plaza Associates, they never responded and have turned the account over to a law firm. Has anyone ever dealt with Mitchell Kay out of N.Y.?

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That damned fool again? Tell you what you do. You send him a good stiff validation letter and he will turn tail and run like a whipped pup. He will send you a letter telling you he don't do that kind of thing and he don't report to any credit bureaus and that he has already turned the account back to the creditor. And that got him his problems. First of all, he can't turn loose of the tarbaby you put out in his path. He has to validate or get sued. One or the other. And then he also violated the law by sending you his stupid letter instead of validating like you told him to do.

I think I'll just put up one of his letters he sent to somebody so everybody can see I'm telling the truth. Count on the fact that I will put it up for everybody to see for themselves how he will react to a demand for validation. Talk about stupid!

ROFLMAO

3. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

Bill I also sent him a validation letter, he sent me copies of itemized monthly statements showing debits and credits for the account. My name is correct on the statements but the address is incorrect. The debt is over $600.00 of which it appears that over $400 is interest penalties charged since 1998. I am trying to go through my paperwork trying to find something on this as I believe the original $148.00 was taken care of in 98/99 and I do not owe this money. I remember returning the merchandise to this company and hope I can find my return receipt. Usually make copies of this kind of stuff, so will keep looking. Look forward to seeing the letter you mentioned. Thanks,
    Tuit

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, so what? That is not what it takes to perform a validation that meets FTC and court mandates. So he failed to validate the debt. So how long did it take him to fail to meet the requirements of validation? More than 30 days? Of course, since he still has not validated the debt.
    That is one of the 5 indices demanded of a proper validation by a 3rd party collector.
    So that is at least another reason the validation fails to meet standards.
    So who cares? Nobody except him. It is totally irrelevant when the subject of the discussion is about validation and was it properly performed. Anything else is totally irrelevant
    I hope you do find that evidence. That will be most helpful if you have to go to court.
    anything you can find on the issue can be helpful indeed.
    I'll post it as soon as I have the time. Right now I have to head out of town for a short-short. Gotta go pay a bill.

5. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

It took him 60 days to respond. Today I rec'd letter from him stating it has been 30 days since he sent the Itemized statements and that I need to call him to arrange payment of the debt. I would not have certified the return so am not going to be able to prove it so should I now dispute the amount he is demanding, or ask him to validate the debt as originally requested?
    Thanks Bill,
    Tuit