Collection debt agency question.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by samira1973, Oct 21, 2010.

1. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Was it a "REAL" loan, or another type of loan?

For SOL, you use YOUR state, because any action would be filed in YOUR state. They can argue, if your contract contained language to use another state, to use that state's law, but it's not a guarantee, because the judge probably doesn't want to have to cram for the law of a foreign jurisdiction to make one decision.

The taxes depend on your income, tax bracket, etc.

The best way to figure out the tax question is to use last year's form, and add $8,000 of income on the 1099-MISC line to see what your income would have come to last year, and what the tax difference would have been.

If it's $20,000, and they're wanting to settle for $4,000, then it would actually be $16,000 of income. No matter what your tax rate, it'll be a large chunk of change.

2. samira1973

samira1973 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your help you are helping me to make my decision little esay and faster because I don't have a lot of time to work with if I want to take this offer.

well, I talked to Credit Consumer and they said that the settlement offer of $ 4000 it is very very good, offer and I should take it, and they well talked to CA for me and request letter back from them.

please tell me do you think $4000 very good offer ? just give me your opinion please?

I know I will have to pay taxes on the rest.

Please tell me what you think I should ask them to put on the settlement letter after I pay them ?

Do I ask them to send me agreement letter after I pay or before I pay them ?

Is it safe to pay them with a check out of my checking or give them my checking account number to draw the money or with my debt card ?

is it better to just give the money to the Consumer Credit Counseling services to settle this offer for me with CA ?

My final question do I hire the Consumer Credit Counseling services to deal with the CA to settle the debt for me they said they will do that if I want and for free ?

Please if you can answer this questions for me it will help me make my decision easy and faster since I don't have a lot of time.

Thank you so much.

3. samira1973

Thanks so much for your help you are helping me to make my decision little esay and faster because I don't have a lot of time to work with if I want to take this offer.

well, I talked to Credit Consumer and they said that the settlement offer of $ 4000 it is very very good, offer and I should take it, and they well talked to CA for me and request letter back from them.

please tell me do you think $4000 very good offer ? just give me your opinion please?

Please tell me what you think I should ask them to put on the settlement letter after I pay them ?

Is it safe to pay them with a check out of my checking or give them my checking account number to draw the money or with my debt card ?

is it better to just give the money to the Consumer Credit Counseling services to settle this offer for me with CA ?

My final question do I hire the Consumer Credit Counseling services to deal with the CA to settle the debt for me they said they will do that if I want and for free ?

Please if you can answer this questions for me it will help me make my decision easy and faster since I don't have a lot of time.

Thank you so much.

4. samira1973

Thank you so much.