Collection debt agency question.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by samira1973, Oct 21, 2010.

1. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

2. samira1973

samira1973 Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me where can I find a sample validation letter?

I realy don't know waht to say?

The letter came from Johnson , Rodenburg , Lauinger, PLLP
    Attorneys at Law

It also hand signed ,and it said I am a debt collector trying to collect the money.

Thanks

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Ok. There are a lot of 'lawyers' who either use facsimile signatures (which caselaw has determined to be a false and misleading representation that the letter is from an attorney, because there is no proof that an attorney has actually looked at the file (even for the 2 seconds required to sign the letter)), or no signature at all.

There is a sample letters forum, but it's best to write simply. I typically don't use a letter that I don't understand everything behind it, the good, the bad, and the ugly. It keeps from sending something that is designed to push a button that I didn't intend to push. (Like sending a letter telling them to cease and desist on an account within the statutes of limitations, leaving them no alternative but to sue.)

4. samira1973

Can you please give just an idea what to say ,or couple of words to say so I have a start?

Thanks so much

5. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

6. samira1973

Do I have to copie the letter they send me, and send them the cpie back with validation letter tha I am sending to them?

Thanks

7. samira1973

Do I have to send any thing us with the validation letter ?

Thanks

8. JoshuaHeckathorn

No, just send it CMRRR so you know exactly when they receive it.

9. samira1973

Ok, I send letter to validate debt,and their anser was they don't have any obligation to show or send me any thing or any copies of the debt.

they also send me a copie or it looks like affidavit copie.The saying they are hired by the collection agency that the bought my debt.

any way the collection agency claiming the bought my debt they never called me,but the sending me one or 2 letter claiming the owne my debt and, i need to pay. No settelment offer no phone calls or nothing,and now the saying the hired attorneys at law Johnson,Rodenburg,Lauinger,PLLP

what is this mean,and who is these people Attorney At Law?

why i never benn contacted by phone or any settelment offer?

What next?
    Thanks

10. JMason

JMason Well-Known Member

While you are deciding who to pay. Are both the O.C. and Collection agency reporting the debt? You can get the O.C. to show zero balance if the collection agency is reporting.

11. samira1973

Well, the collection agency just showed up on my report. I still see the original on their,but I don't think the havereported any thing for couple month now. Yes it still showed the original on my report,but also the collection.if they sold the deb why are still on my report can I take them off my report and just deal with collection? Why the collection never called me or send any settlement offer?
    Thanks

12. JoshuaHeckathorn

The collection agency doesn't have an obligation to call you or offer a settlement. They want the debt paid in full. I wouldn't want them calling me anyway. Keep your communication in writing and you'll be better off. Are you prepared to settle this debt if possible, or do you plan on disputing its validity?

Also, a charge off from the OC and the collection can both appear on your credit reports at the same time. If the debt was sold to the CA, then the OC's charge off should be reported with a 0 balance though.

13. samira1973

Yes, I see 0 balance ,but not showing 0 balance on transunion my be they have not update the report on their side.

Any way if it showing o balance,and it sold to collection can I remove it from my credit report?

Also have any one dealed or dealing with the collection named : asset acceptance LLC

Thanks

14. JoshuaHeckathorn

Asset Acceptance is a well-known CA. Like I mentioned before, keep your communication with them in writing.

Charge offs that are being reported by the OC can potentially be removed, but you have to remember that the OC has no obligation to remove it for you. It was a charge off for them, which means if they remove it for you it would simply be out of the goodness of their little hearts.

If you're able to pay off the debt with the CA, then it's a good time to reach out to the OC with a goodwill letter requesting deletion of the charge off since you've paid the debt. There's no guarantee they'll do anything, but you may get lucky.

15. samira1973

OK, can I disputed with credit bearau to remove the original creditor fro my report since it showing 0 balance?

Do you know any thing about this a law firm Johnson,ROdenburg and LAuinger, Llp?
    Thanks

16. JoshuaHeckathorn

I don't know much about the firm, but it looks like they're a North Dakota based debt collector. It also looks like they've been sued by consumers in the past and lost big cases for breaking both federal and state debt collection laws. What kind of communication have you received from them?

Also, if there's something inaccurate regarding the charge-off you're referencing, you can certainly try disputing it through the CRAs. Who knows...you may get lucky and the CRAs will delete it if the OC doesn't respond.

17. samira1973

I received a letter from somone claimnig to be a attorney Law Firm Johnson,Rodenburg,Lauinger Llp saying that the collection has employed him to go after me and get they money. He said I have 30 days to disput the debt,and we don't have to wait 30 to sue you ,and the court fees will be added.

I did disput the debt with them,but they never send me any docement showing the debt.they send me something like
    Fake copies of offidavit from Asset Acceptance LLC of some numbers I don't know what they are. The signed on them

What you think I should do?

Thanks for any advice

18. JoshuaHeckathorn

So, you sent them a DV letter within the 30-day time limit and you're saying you believe they sent you inadequate information to properly validate the debt? Sorry - just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

19. samira1973

Yes, I did validate the debt before 30 days.
    looks like some body typed something on paper with some numbers on it saying i owne them this amount,and I need to pay.they said they don't need to send me any original copies.
    I also disputed with credit beau.

20. JoshuaHeckathorn

I'm not a lawyer and I haven't seen what they sent you, so I can't really tell you if what they sent would be considered proper validation of the debt. Frankly, this is kind of a gray area though, so what they sent you could be adequate.

Have you received any response from the CRAs yet?