Collection mysteriously gone...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by keltexx, May 6, 2001.

1. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

A month or so ago I posted about problems with NCO verifying/inserting item as several companies (NCO vs. Asset Care) on my Equifax and Transunion. They sent me a half baked "verification" only after the third attempt I made to get verification (yes, stupid, I know). It was for a hospital bill. The collection letter account # did not match the bill #, and nothing told what this debt was actually for on the verification.

Anyhow, I pulled Equifax today and it is gone. Nowhere-no NCO, no Asset Care, nada. I had not yet disputed with the CRA. Now, I am by no means unhappy about this, but my question is: Why?

Could they have sent this back to original creditor? I am at a loss here. Experts, any insight? Thanks in advance.

2. keltexx

Sorry to bump, but wondering why this would suddenly "disappear." Thanks.

3. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Keltexx:
    This could be because the trade (item on your report) naturally aged beyond the 7-year reporting period, and since (I presume) there was no activityâ?¦ Poof! Of course Iâ??m speculating here, based on the info provided. But itâ??s a safe bet aging is what probably happened, and thatâ??s a good thing. [;-)

4. keltexx

Actually, this debt is from May 1998.

This is too good to be true. They didn't insert UNTIL I had disputed on my CRs, and now its gone.

5. Nawlins

Nawlins Member

Did they ever "verify"?

6. keltexx

Well, the verification consited of a printout with a date for an ER visit, with the amount owed after insurance. The letter accompanying this referenced another hospital account number for collection; this number was not my account.

I had disputed this with the insurance company when I initially received the bill. However, the insurance company (Cigna) has since been bought out several times since then, so getting anywhere with the insurance company now is next to impossible.