collection question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by josh518, Oct 2, 2003.

1. josh518

josh518 New Member

Ok here is what i am looking at. my wife and i are looking to buy a house. we make 100k and her credit is perfect, scores in the 800's. my reports are 600, 650, and 661. i have two old charge offs that are paid from like 3 or 4 years ago. so everything seems like we would be able to get a pretty good deal on a house. the problem is i have two collections that got added in the last month one for 2100 and one for 4200. i think i can get the one for 2100 drop from the CRA's because they verified it when the CA could not verifiy it to me. the CA sent me a letter saying they would stop collection on it and needed more time. The one for 4200 i am not sure. i need to send them a verifiy letter and see what happens. here is my real question- can i get a loan with this or if i was to just pay could we get a loan. if i have to pay i don't care even if the SOL is up which it is. by having a collection that is listed as paid even if it is within the last two years can i still get a home loan. if i can get the 2100 collection dropped my scores will be around 675 with this other 4200 collection on there. Thanks to anyone who replys

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

3. josh518

josh518 New Member

more time to verifiy that it is me.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

more time to verifiy that it is me.
    josh518 |
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Any thing over 30 days is to long.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. Kelfig

Kelfig Member

Do you have to be a borrower on the loan? Does she have sufficient debt to credit to just get the loan on her own? Then she can convey the property to you jointly or whatnot (usually first get the permission of the bank in writing before doing that).

Also you may want to circumvent the payment on that collection acount and just try to get the loan. The economy is so funny now that a lot of people are still getting great loans even with less than great credit.