Columbus Bank and trust,Equifa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Rocky, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I am going to apply for Columbus bank and Trust credit card online, and I want to make sure they only pull Equifax, any experiences with them? Iwas approved for Juniper on Equifax, but I have not heard back from Associates bank. I'm afraid they didn't use my Equifax report. Thanks

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Columbus Bank and Trust

Columbus pulled an Experian report before preapproving me for an Aspire Visa, and again before issuing the card. Associates, which is not related to Columbus, also pulled Experian reports on me.

Columbus also issues the Juniper Bank card, which is much better than the Aspire card. (Aspire does offer rates as low as 18%, but I've never heard of anyone getting the better rates.) Since you already have Juniper, the best card available from Columbus, you really don't need to apply for anything else from that particular bank.

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, My reports other then Equifax are not that good, do you know of any other card companys that just pull Equifax? Thanks.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

At www.columbusbankandtrust.com they have a gold card offer for 6 months 5.9% and go to rate is 15.4% and classic is 17.4%.

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Thank you. It's fascinating what this bank is doing to survive and grow in a reportedly tough credit card market. The card you mention is good, but not quite as good as the Juniper card. I'll admit it wouldn't hurt to have both.