Combining Citi Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jeff, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Can I combine these two cards?

Citi plat. select Visa
    AA plat. select world MC

Am I allowed a third Citi card? I have been told yes and no. Looking for more intel. before burning an inquiry.

What I would like to do is get another AA card that I could combine with my current AA card to increase my line and then combine that card with the Visa if possible. Then start over with the AA cards.

Anybody with suggestions?

Thanks

2. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I took 2 AA cards and combined them and then coverted to the standard platinum select..I would think it should be possible but not sure..Saar or Sam would have the answer to this one..

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

you may have to convert one product (world) into another product (platinum select) before combining. I don't know their exact rules, but if you try it and get denied to combine, just convert one card to a product similar, then combine..

for instance, i was denied gold AA combined with Platinum select. I notice on my reports the gold aa shows as "CITICORP GOLD" which is probably another branch of citibank. My Silver AA and Platinum select report as "CITIBANK MASTERCHARGE". See what i'm getting at?

take a look at your reports, if both cards report from the same "bank name" you probably can combine without any issues.

4. Jeff

Jeff Guest

My two cards are reported as Citibank products. I understand what you're saying Sam. If only two Citibank cards are allowed at one time I wonder if an application for the gold AA Citicorp card would be approved?

Thanks for the help guys.

5. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I thought you could have 3 citi products?

6. Jeff

Jeff Guest

That's what I thought too. I was told by Citi CS that I had the max. allowed with two. ???

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I have 3 Citi cards, all of them from Citibank (South Dakota) N.A. That stands for National Association, LOL.

Classic MasterCard opened 1993
    ClickCiti MasterCard opened 2000
    AAdvantage MasterCard opened 2001

8. Jeff

Jeff Guest

N.A.-LOL

Thanks RichGuy

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Try the AA Gold. Like the World, they are different branches, and have different policies (ie late fee amounts) from the citibank NA product. Let us know what you get!

10. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Thank you for your help Sam. I will post the results of whatever I decide to do.