Combining GM and Household

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Jun 15, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I just recieved a call from the credit department for household bank. The guy was calling to comfirm my combination request that I made two days ago....I told him that I thought that I would not be able to combine the accounts.

He said that It would be no problem. Im going to recieve some forms in the next couple of days and just fill them out and return them.

Once household bank receives them, It would take 2 business days to combine account.

GRRRRRREEAAAAT!

Just want I wanted. Now I can only have one card with them and my limit would be 3000 and now im down to 4 majors and 2 store.

psugirl

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Forgot to mention:

GM has a 2.9 bt rate for 6 months, that im currently taking advantage off.

Household has a 3.9 apr on bt's and purchases for 6 months.

HUMMMM, now that i think about it, maybe i should ride out these great rates before i combine them.

Well see

psugirl

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

What type of Card do you end up with if you decide to combine?

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Ill keep the GM card and just combine the credit limit and any balances from the household card onto GM. Then I'll close the household card out. The household card doesnt have any benifits that are interesting. With the GM I can recieve $ towards the purchase of a new car. The new credit limit will be 3000.00

Psugirl