Compare Cap 1 APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 19, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

What is everyone's APR at Cap 1??
    I'm curious. Thanks!

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Gold 2K limit 13,9 %

last interest reduction was in May.

Mike G

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I have two cards from CapOne; both are gold. The oldest account is at 13.9, thanks to Mr. Miller, and my newest card...not even a year old yet...is at 15.9.

Donna

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

gold card, a little over two years old, 12.9% fixed purchase, $4100 limit...

5. numnuts20

numnuts20 Well-Known Member

none

deleted

6. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Re: none

A year old this month...the $500 partially secured card, now unsecured, limit up to $1000, APR down to 13.9% from 19.8% thanks to Mr. Miller.

7. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

2 cards one gold opened as a classic with 200cl 12/99 and a classic 200cl opened in2/00 with19.8 on both, now both are at 1800cl with 13.9.

mindy

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I am the grandnanny of APR at 17.30..cardpoop

9. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I had 3. #1: at 19.?% #2: 9.9% & #3: 18.?.
    I had them all merged into the #2 account so they are all at 9.9%. You know...this is a better rate than I ever had as prime (except for the teaser rates of course)

10. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Two Cap One cards:

1) VISA - 12.9% fixed - $2,500 LOC

2) MasterCard ("Gold Kmart"... lol) - 15.9% fixed - $2,000 LOC (plus another $200 for Kmart-only purchases)

Gotta love Capital One! Mr. Miller came through for me as well vis-a-vis card number 1 above. I've had that card for over a year without credit increases. Two weeks ago a regular rep raised my LOC by a measly $100 to $1,600. Then when I whined, a retention rep raised it another $200 to $1,800. I finally spoke with Mr. Miller earlier this week, let him know that my NextCard was $4,500 but that I would consider ridding myself of NextCard if my two Capital One cards added up to that amount. He then put me on hold and then came back to the phone and said that he would go ahead and raise my limit by another $700 to $2,500. I really appreciate how Mr. Miller takes customers at their word and accommodates any reasonable request when he can do it. It speaks well of Capital One that they have hired a consumer advocate with the power to make those decisions. Mr. Miller did mention that I shouldn't ask for another increase for 9 months, by the way, as he did with NanaC in another thread I believe.

Randy

11. kim

kim Well-Known Member

2.9, down from 9.9. one of those "we'll give you a card with an old balance to pay down" deal.

12. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

kim can u email me a copy of yourt CHEX dispute letter...kittw1@aol.com

13. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

9.9% CL 4,000 just increased today from 2K

14. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Mine is at 14.77% (libor rate) down from 19.8% on a student card w/ a $500 limit. Spoke with Mr. Miller and he said he could probably raise that to $2000 at the end of the month.

15. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Odd that this thread resurfaced... but here's my history:

Initial apr at 19.8%

Sep 2000 at 17.9%

March 2001 at 12.9%

August 2001 at 9.9%

All of these are fixed rates. The last two reductions were due to my discussions with their Consumer Advocate Office.

16. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

How did you get the interest rate down so fast?

17. marci

marci Well-Known Member

September 2000 - I was charged an overlimit fee on my account ( I did go overlimit), and I asked for it to be waived as a one time courtesy. They accidently waived it twice (so they credited me an extra $29). I called back to tell them of their mistake and to re-assess one of the OL fees. During this phone call I told them that I was serious about an ethical and honest business relationship with them, and could they do anything to improve my account terms, since it was obvious that I valued how I interacted with them? So, the rep reduced it to 17.9%.

March 2001 - I was ticked off about Cap One not reporting limits (my ratios were getting murdered) and wrote an excellent, detailed letter to the consumer advocates office via Planetfeedback. He couldn't meet my request to report the limits, but said that he hated not being able to meet my concerns and was there anything else he could do for my account? I asked him for everything I was brave enough to venture (including the 12.9% apr) and he gave it to me - ALL of it.

August 2001 - I called the consumer advocate office after jtw posted here that they reduced his apr even though they couldn't give him a credit limit increase. I told the consumer advocate that my Citi and BofA purchase aprs were 9.75% and 8.9%, respectively and I really preferred doing business with Cap One - so could they give me a competitive rate? So, he did and I went to 9.9%.

What matters?

Being honest (I am serious about wanting to be ethical with my CC companies). Using the card. Paying on time. Staying well within the limit. Cap One has a lot of bad press - but as long as they are good to me, I will revolve on their card.