CompuBank -> Netbank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Netbank has just sent me this e-mail, explaining the transition for CompuBank clients:

"Please note that when your CompuBank account is moved to NetBank, your rate schedule for wires will change. NetBank does not charge for incoming wire and ACH transfers. We do charge $15 for outgoing domestic wires and $40 for outgoing international wire transfers. Additionally, NetBank does not offer direct online transfers."

In addition, their savings accounts will require a minimum daily balance to avoid service charges - used to be free until now.

My account will be closed today.

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

netbank is still the best checking account for the $$.

Btw drop me an email rigor@mediaone.net i'll send you the $25 free cash invite to ING DIRECT savings. They allow ACH transfers in and out, up to 6 per month (federal savings withdrawal law) and of course, are free, 5.5% APR, and you can link any amount of accounts you want..

3. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

I've been a long time Compubank customer and advocate, but I'm not liking this netbank business at all from what I have seen so far.

I'd go to wingspan bank, but they don't handle business accounts, so I'm looking for a better alternative with equal services that Compubank has always offered.

Bill Bauer

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

But you have to like that Netbank has the capability for deposits via ATM/MAC Machines. I do not believe any other online bank has that capability. I too am researching online banks before I make a final decision on Netbank.

Mike G.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

netbank doesn't put holds on deposits :) I've sent in 2000 out of state personal checks, mailed wednesday, posted by friday

:)