CompuBank substitute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, May 5, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Has anyone found a real substitute for CompuBank?

So far we've had recommendations for ING Direct and Wingspan. Any input on these banks, as well as other useful online banks are welcome.

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

ind direct is pretty cool, they gave you $25 free for opening an acct..

but its only a savings acct.

wingspan charges a fee for less than min balance which is quite high..

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

please give us a website to go to.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks Sam, got your e-mail.

It really is a shame they don't accept incoming wire transfers, which means I can't wire money to my account when I'm abroad.

Saar

5. cbearcat6

cbearcat6 Member

Why not try Netbank? I've had an account with them since Nov. and have been very pleased. They seem to add new services all the time. My favorite service with this bank is I am able to deposit funds in the MAC atm across the street and the funds are available the following business day. I can deposit in the machine and by the time I get home it is already showing up in my accounts. I think that is very efficient. I don't miss having a local bank since going with netbank. Suzanne

6. Saar

Saar Banned

What good is an online bank, if it allows neither incoming nor outgoing ACH transfers? Plus, they have minimum limits required for deposit accounts and excessive fees, which aren't always assessed elsewhere.

So far the only alternative I'm aware of, is opening a SFNB savings account + Yahoo's ACH account for outgoing ACH payments (SFNB does allow free incoming ACH transfers and generally better Customer Service). SFNB also allows free incoming wire transfers, though there's a quarterly service charge. But the interest would probably offset it anyway.

Saar

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Can you plese give us some website url's for these banking institutions you speak of, Saar?

I think you have excellent ideas on this point, and would like to investigate them further.

I'm thinking of staying with Netbank right now for my business accounts because Umbrella don't do business accounts, and I have not seen any of them yet that have what I am looking for in terms of wire transfers and savings accounts.

I'd sure like to find just one banking institution that came anywhere close to what Compubank has had to offer in the past, but so far, nothing even comparable.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Saar,
    If you are looking for a bank that allows ACH transfers, I believe that Charter One Bank and Lighthousebank.com both allow this. Go to Gomez.com and click on banking or whatever the link is (it's not hard to find). Also, if you open account at one of those thru gomez, you get a $75 bonus.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thanks a lot, Saar.

Top of the day to you.
    Have a nice day and a better one tomorrow and may you enjoy the both of them in the best of health.

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Hey! I just went to Gomez.com and I see that there is a $15 bonus for referring your friends to gomez.com.

what do I do to be certain that you get your $15 for referring me?

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Ok! I see how it works now.
    You have to email me a referral form.
    Why don't you do that so you get the $15 check for the referral?

You have my email address below.

13. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks LKH.

I checked lighthousebank yesterday. Not bad, but they charge an unspecified amount as "correspondent fee" for incoming international wires. I'll have to check what that fee is.

Thanks for the Charter One reference, I'll look into it.

A dedicated Gomez member here too :)

Saar

14. Saar

Saar Banned

Hmmm.... Charter One Bank charges $10 per incoming wire. But wait. They also charge you for the right to speak w/ customer service! A minimum balance is also required, haven't seen how much though.

Saar

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That don't sound good at all.

I was just over there looking at their website too.
    Oh well

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Centurion Bank?

Saar - why not Membership Banking?
    c ya dogman