Computer financing using the 3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jan 11, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You guys ever try the $400 rebate program to finance a low end computer? You basically committ to 3 years of $XX payment for ISP service in return for $400 instant rebate.

I wonder how they qualify you, other than a credit card...

Also check out this cool ass TV:
    http://www.nadapc.com/hdtv/index.html

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: Computer financing using t

I did

Well I sold them at the time.

I lived in a rural area where I couldn't get free internet access, and every one else charged the same, so what the heck

Besides it works out to <$12 /month with the $400 rebate.

NOW, i regret it. I moved to an even more rural area. You guessed it, No local access number. So I had to pay them off.

Oh well, I did get a spiff for selling it to myself hehehe :)

Kelly

3. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

Do they pull a credit report?

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Not for the rebate. You just have to have 21.95 availavle credit on your credit card.

Kelly

5. Nancy Klin

Nancy Klin Guest

Kewl

6. I got em g

I got em g Guest

Hey here's a story...I got em real good...during a trip to WA last year, I signed up using EVERY credit card that I had....got over 5000 in rebates...then I cancelled ALL of the ISP contracts! Immoral, yes, illegal..no, at the time there was a loophole, and it allowed my to cancel over 14 contracts, with MSN, and Compuserve!!! I forget the loophole...but maybe someone else remembers...also I know of several people who used m2cards...multiple times, and scammed cs, and msn...b/c they DONT verify anything! If you create a m2 card acct for example, then change the addy online, and sign up in the store...it will work, then change the addy back..call the card lost...the charges will never appear...but watch out..some banks like FUSA, and CITIBANK, allow recurring charges to post from account to account!

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

And you are proud of this????

8. me

me Well-Known Member

What is an m2 card?

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

First of all I don't believe a word of your story. Second of all, if it is true - you are the kind of idiot that screws every thing up for everyone else.

10. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Can you say FRAUD?

I don't know what kind of loophole you think you found, I think this is fraud. If you signed a contract with absolutely no intention of fulfilling you're end of the bargain, that is fraud. You just stole $400 from each of those companies. Once you could get away with but more than that shows obvious intent. You better hope that they don't report the cb's. If any of them find out that you did this with others as well, I wouldn't be suprised if they press for fraud charges.

11. mj

mj Well-Known Member

RE: Can you say FRAUD?

...especially 'cause I think AOL (this ----'s ISP) may want to recover some of their money and it just may be possible (do'ya think?) for them to kind of, sort of, figure out who he is based on his IP (evil grin).