consolidation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kelen, Mar 27, 2000.

1. kelen

kelen Guest

We recently refi our home so I looked at our credit. It was very good credit. We tried recently to consolidate all our credit cards & bills through MBNA and got turn down. Does anyone know why? We would like to get around $15,000, Can anyone suggest a few credit card companies.

2. Lorrie

Lorrie Guest

Chase recently approved me for a $15,000 card (all used for balance transfers). Even after NextCard, Capital One and First USA all turned me down.

American Express Blue card approved me too. (Just last week), so I don't know what the limit will be. They have 9.9% interest for balance transfers.

Bank of America also approved me with a $7000 limit (again all used for transfers). The interest rate on that is 8.9% until the transfers are paid, and for purchases, 8.9% for the first 6 months.

You may also want to check out Discover Platinum. I think it is 2.9% for 9 months, then 12.99% after that.

The Chase offer I had was a special prime+1.4%(They don't have the same offer on their web page, but they have others)

3. Lorrie

Lorrie Guest

Also, Bank of America, Blue, and Discover all have online applications.

So does Chase, but not for the same terms I have.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Try NextCard with a 6 month APR 2.9%.