consumer advocate cap one

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jtw, May 5, 2001.

1. jtw

jtw Well-Known Member

I am very satisfied with the consumer advocate and Capital One. I have called them 3 times and each time have rec'd a satisfactory response. I'll wait 6 months to give my lines more time to age and then go for a platinum by combining my accounts into one. Capital One has been my best cards, always gotten an increase from small $100 to a gigantic $1000. So far I have had one card unsecured after a year. A $1000 increase on another and $500 increase on the last one. I have combined limits of $3800 so am hoping after 6 months more I can combine all three accts into 1 $5000 platinum card.

Here are my limits and apr's:
    cap one gold visa $1300 10.9 apr
    cap one classic visa $1600 13.9 apr
    cap one classic visa $900 13.9 apr

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

That's great..Congrats!! I just shot of a letter thru Planetfeedback to Cap1. I let them know how frustrated I was regarding the small limit increases and the refusal to combine my two accounts. It is like pulling teeth on occasion when you request something (especially an increase). I have had my account for quite some time with no overlimits or lates. I hope my luck is as good as yours. I am at wits end. I have had to close one account and will do the same to the other if I am not satisfied.

3. cbearcat6

cbearcat6 Member

I talked with Mr. Miller yesterday in the consumer advocates office. He is very friendy and eager to please. He seems to really care and listens to everything you have to say. I got my limit doubled yesterday and my apr lowered from 18.9 to 15.49. I was very happy .

4. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I received the following all within the last 60 days-

(2) limit increases and my secured deposit back. Cap 1's advocate office should be very proud of the excellent job that Mr. Miller is doing.

Best regards,
    Sam

5. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

I sent a letter via Planet Feedback. Does it go straight to the Advocate's office? Will Mr. Miller call me? Or, will I need to call him?

Thanks.

CardKid

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

In my case, he did everything I asked for in my planetfeedback letter before I even talked to him.

7. CardKid

How long did it take to get a response to your Planet Feedback letter?

CardKid

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I received two emails from Cap.1 based on my PFB letter. The first was an acknowledgement messsage (within 12 hours) and the second one from Cap 1 advocate's office the very next day.

Best regards,
    Sam

9. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I sent a letter last Weds or Thurs via Planetfeedback. I received their automated response and nothing else. I even stayed home all day Friday thinking for sure they would call. Nothing... Everybody else seems to have been contacted almost immediately. I even checked my accounts to see if they just did it on their own. No suck luck

10. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Mr. Miller is great, I've had much success over the past few weeks on my accounts. They all have a zero balance.

I wonder how many calls he gets per day. We always use his name on the board I wonder if Cap One is aware of it.

11. CardKid

I called Capital One yesterday (anxious...I guess). After pleading my case to a representative for the Platinum card, I was connected to the Consumer Advocate. I restated my case. He wasn't very helpful. I asked to speak to his boss. I was then connected to another Consumer Advocate (Mr. Miller).

Well, before I was able to plead my case, I was informed that my Planet Feedback email was received. We had a 10 minute discussion regarding the email. And so far, things are looking good. I will know the final result by Friday.

PLEASE...keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks for all the help and advice.

CardKid

12. CardKid

Yippie!! I'm approved. I'm approved. Thanks you guys. I followed your posts and I could not be happier with the result.

I know that Cap One does not report your credit limit. So, I'm thinking of using Yahoo! Pay Direct to deposit the $5,000 into the account for 30 days. That way, it reports on the bureau of 5k being used. Then, pay it of when I get the bill.

What do you think?

CardKid

13. Saar

Saar Banned

The monthly PayDirect withdrawal limit is $1K, and that's assuming your address is verified.

No need to withdraw it for 30 days. Withdraw 3 business days before your card's monthly cycle ends, and credit it back as soon as a new cycle begins.

I recommend that you don't transfer it to your checking account, since that violates PayDirect's policy, and you'd eventually be caught and banned.

I used MJ's method successfully, by purchasing online a fully refundable plane ticket.

Saar

14. CardKid

That's right. I forgot about the 1k max (w/address verification).

Is there a max for PayPal? Also, where can I go to learn more about the refundable plane ticket option?

Thanks.

CardKid

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FULLY REFUNDABLE PLANE TICKETS COST $$$$

$1877.00 DEN/LAX NO RESTRICTIONS (REFUNDABLE~CHANGABLE)
    $ 433.00 DEN/LAX RESTRICTIONS (NOT REFUNDABLE~CHANGES COST $100)

16. CardKid

Wow! That's a huge difference. Who do you suggest? I only know of Expedia and Travelocity on the web. But, I've never used them.

Also, how long does it take for the refund to be credited back to the account?

CardKid

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

18. CardKid

I cannot wait to get my card in the mail. By the way, does Cap One offer any incentives (flyer miles, etc.)? I forgot to ask earlier.

CardKid