Consumer Report vs Lender

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FU - TU, Apr 19, 2001.

1. FU - TU

FU - TU Guest

Does anyone know if a lender such as a car dealer gets a different report than the consumer. For example is it possible to different info on a credit report from the same CRA???

I think the CRA's give out different info to the consumer and the lender

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Actually I am working on qualifying for a mortgage, and the broker is a good friend of mine. She pulled the reports and the entries on mine, matched exactly with the reports I received from the CRA

3. cream

cream Active Member

Hey Hal, do you think you could have her give you your Beacon score? Then you could compare it to Scorepower and see if it's the same? I think this is a question we'd all like to know the answer to.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont understand. The Equifax score is the beacon score right? The score given at powerscore is the the equifax score b/c it is offered at the equifax website right?

When you apply for a mortgage, they give you three scores right? The EQ score would be the Beacon. Right?

roni

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The score power is your Beacon score generated from Fair Isaac. And since everyone I spoken to has gotten the same exact score, they are accurate as far as I can tell.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

The score power is your Beacon score generated from Fair Isaac. And since everyone I spoken to has gotten the same exact score, they are accurate as far as I can tell.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry for double post. I have spoken with Fair Isaac (another matter), but the score power is your Beacon from Equifax, when lenders/creditors pull your score they get the same beacon score you get.

8. cream

cream Active Member

Yeah the Equifax score is the Beacon score Roni. The problem I have is with different scores. My friend is a business subscriber and has had a different score than the Scorepower score all four times we checked, always lower.
    Check out this site https://www.eport.equifax.com/ Thats the site my friend subscribes to.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Did he check these immediately from one source to the next?? I have seen scores change in a matter of a few days, depending on what day of the month it's pulled.

10. cream

cream Active Member

He checked them first, then we checked ours the next day. No
    activity in between whatsoever.

11. FU - TU

FU - TU Guest

Thanks for the info
    I am quite sure the consumer report may be different than a lender report. If this is the case does the FCRA protect the consumer in these regards?

12. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I have seen a lenders report (probably the cheapest lender's report they can
    buy) that matched my personal report line for line. Of course it had a Beacon
    score and utilization percentages calculated, etc...

But lenders can buy different "levels" of lenders reports, some simple and
    some very sophisticated. It depends on how much money they want to
    spend.

I have ALWAYS wondered if the really expensive reports show accounts that
    were deleted along with other info we don't see.

I know for a fact that Transunion keeps "hard delete" items in their
    database for several months even though it doesn't show on the
    consumer report.

Marci