Consumer Statement

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by am, Apr 2, 2001.

1. am

am Guest

Per my TU:
    "Do not confuse with consumers of similar ID; verify all identifying information."
    Is this a fraud alert?
    Right below that it says how many times my current address has been used in the last thirty days-which was eleven
    then it says:
    SSN has been used 007 times in the last thirty days on different inquiries.
    Um, help?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Wierd! Have you been disputing a lot of things as "not mine"?

breeze

3. am

am Guest

The woman I spoke to when I disputed (first round, just got results yesterday)I think I disputed 4 things. She said "do you think you're a victim of fraud?" and I said that I never even thought about it--that I didn't know.
    Maybe that's where that is coming from?

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

am,

When I didsputed my report with Transunion b/c it was merged with a man's,
    the rep asked me if I'd like to "make a statement" about it. I was angry
    about the merged report (this guy had 5 unpaid judgements) and didn't
    know that a 100 word statement even existed, let alone the rule that we
    shouldn't ever add one, so I said "Yeah!!! I'm not _______. Don't confuse
    me with him."

I got the exact same statement you did on my TU report the next time I
    pulled it. I've left it there, since I do want potential creditors to make sure
    that I am me and not someone else.

Marci

5. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I got the same thing! I had the first statement, about not confusing people with similar id because a long time ago, before I ever knew about this board, I was constantly getting a family member's negative credit on my report, and since we are only one digit different on the ss#, and shared the same addy for so long, I figured that was the reason. (I had already told TU that they had someone else's info on there, but that it was TU's fault.) That has been on there for years. I got the other thing, about how many times the ss# has been used, and I can only conclude it is because I have disputed a lot of stuff with them, and they are protecting themselves from the "not mine" deal. However, I never used a wrong ss# as the reason for the errors. I also got a notice asking me whether or not I am using using a credit repair agency and asking me to fill out a form giving the name and address.

Therefore, I am giving Tu a rest. It is my best report so far, with just 2 old negatives, so I am going to leave it for a while and see what happens.