CONTACT ME IF CITIFINANCIAL ON

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mba, Sep 16, 2000.

1. mba

mba Well-Known Member

If CITIFINANCIAL appears on your credit

report and you are not familiar with the

account as it appears on your credit report,

contact me by e-mail. I learned recently

that CITIFINANCIAL had reactivated an old

stale MELLON BANK account which would have

started the 7 year reporting period on my

credit report all over again. I am trying to

ascertain how many other people this may

have happened to.

Thank you.
    mba9999@aol.com
    September 16, 2000

2. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Dispute Itâ?¦

MBA:
    FYI, Conti and itâ??s long list of subsidiaries filed for Chapter 11 protection on May 17 of this year (http://ecf.nysb.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/DocketSheet.pl?0-12184); another sub prime lender bites the big enchilada! Theyâ??ve sold off servicing of mortgage accounts, and (me thinks) are culling other assets as well.

Nonetheless, (from first hand experience) the whole organization is in extreme turmoil so your best bet is to dispute the CBR hit. After all, they donâ??t even have adequate staff to man the phones â?? not alone respond to CBR disputes. If you want to make a move in this regard, now would be a great time to do it! :)

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor

3. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: Dispute Itâ?¦

I am not sure I follow your message. Please call me.

Mark Aronson
    888-243-2224

Who/what is Conti? I inquired about CITIFINANCIAL. I did dispute the CITIFINANCIAL entry. Last Monday, I filed a class action against CITIFINANCIAL in state court in Pittsburgh, hopefully upon behalf of a national class of plaintiffs. I hope to get some idea from my posting as to how many other people who read the Creditnet.com messageboard this has happened to.

NCO had done the same thing to me last year. I litigated with NCO and I won and they paid me. I have heard that a class action either has been filed or may be filed against them. If you know anything further, please update me. Thanks.

9-17-2000
    mba9999@aol.com

4. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Hello? Duuuuh? Opps!

MBA:
    Boy do I feel silly, oppsâ?¦ Seems when I composed the response I mistook Citi for Conti, and went off! If itâ??s any comfort I was rather fatigued when drafting that post. Oh well, the jokeâ??s on me definitely! Sorry for any confusion. :)

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor

5. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: Hello? Duuuuh? Opps!

Hey, we are all human!!!

MBA
    9-18-00