Contacting fair Issac

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am sorry but I forget the name of the poster who spoke with Fair Issac. Did you speak directly with them through the telephone or can you email them??

Thanks

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Her name was Cricket *nm*

3. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

Hi Momof3 and Kelly,

Kelly, sorry I did not respond to your post several days ago regarding the Fair Isaac folks. Others had listed the information about Fair Isaac and Equifax on the list.

My info was from late December. Fair Isaac told me consumer scores would be available in about a month, but the exact date was not known. She did not say what bureau's (i.e., CSC/Equifax, Experian, or Transunion) data they were using to calculate the FICO. So, I don't know if they were telling me about the Equifax deal or, if that happened later.

I have contacted Fair Isaac several times through e-mail and by phone. You can e-mail them through the Fair Isaac web site at www.fairisaac.com. Scroll down to "Contact Us". They won't e-mail back though, they only call back (who knows?). But at least they call back within 1-2 days. They also gave me a credit score help line number (415)446-6236 several months ago. At that time it was answered by a real person, Patty Porok. When I emailed in late December they gave me a new number 800-771-2066. I was told they (the people at the number) could tell me how to get around cap1 and citibank not reporting limits. However, when I called it seemed like FI did not want to talk to consumers-I got a canned message. However, in the voice prompts there is an option for business, and another for other questions. I tried the last option and it said call back later (I think). I have been too busy too call back.

I am really frustrated that the consumer scores are taking so long. First, the newstories said "later this summer", "then by the end of the year", then FI told me Late January, now "available in the first quarter". I did not want to waste an inquiry by using a mortgage broker. But, I am curious how bad they are. We did a bk a little over a year ago. They say the effects of a bk are minimal after 2 years for mortgages, if credit is perfect after the bk. We were aiming for the 2 year mark. But with mortgage rates so low and prices rising where I live it makes me want to know now to see if there is any possibility of getting a mortgage sooner.

BTW Kelly, what does *nm* mean from the heading of your message "her name was Cricket *nm*? just curious.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

*nm* = no more or no message

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Thanks Cricket,

That's great info!

NM = no message, sometimes you'll see NT = no text

AND I guess I should have said her name IS Cricket - sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you're gone :) hehehe

Kelly