Convert ch13 to ch7???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lowScore, Oct 2, 2003.

1. lowScore

lowScore Member

Ok, here is my situation I hope someone can help me out. I am14-months into a 5 year ch13 I feel there is no end in site and I am struggling to make my other living expenses outside of the 13. What Iâ??m afraid of doing is further damage to my credit. You see it has been a year since I filed and all my TLâ??s say included in Ch13 that I listed with the court, but only EQ is listing my ch13 in the public records section it is absent from the other two. I checked PACER and my name is completely wrong, but my SS# is correct I think this is why it has not made it to the other CRAâ??s yet, still could. I know I will loose my car I donâ??t see a way to save it, I could reaffirm, but payment would be close to what my 13 payment so my lawyer thinks it wouldnâ??t be allowed. It really is unbelievable the math that is used to come up with these plans, according to there budget I have 400.00 for groceries, if that was true why do I have â??Ramen Noodlesâ? running through my veins.

So my questions are these:

1) If I convert, I obviously run the risk of someone catching the name screw-up and the other CRAâ??s getting the info, right?
    2) Will my CR have two entries in the public section one listing the 13 and one listing the 7?
    3) What happens to the TL does that get updated also? Or will I get a second bad TL with Ch7 notation?

2. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

Can't tell you what will or won't be listed. I can tell you a ch7 stays on for ten years. I *think* your ch13 comes off about two years after you're done.

So IF it's on your CR, a ch7 will remain longer. Not sure about how your tradelines will read.

All of this, in my opinion, is trivial compared to what I'm hearing about your situation. You should do what helps you the most right now, not worry about things on your CR for an additional year, two or three. That's way down the line and it sounds like you're starving.

I'd suggest you have a long and serious discussion w/your attorney about the pros and cons - and what you can do, given you've started a ch13 - of a ch7.

3. lowScore

lowScore Member

Thanks DanS for your reply, still trying to weigh all the options before I jump in considering that is the reason I'm in this mess to begin with.

Anyone else have any ideas?