Converting Citi Driver Edge to....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 21, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi,

I just called citi customer service today to find out that if when i get my citi drivers edge card in the mail, can i convert it to the citi dividend card.

I dont need another card that earns money for a new car. Im graduating college in the next 1 and 1/2 and dont perdict buying NEW car in that time. Plus, a bunch of student loans will be waiting for me.

The dividend card (college) gives you cash back!

people in college always need cash back!

~She said that once i get the card in the mail that i can convert it with NO problem. Great!

-I love citibank,
    -Thank you trans union for being lazy and helping me get my credit report clean in 4 months
    -Thank you god for helping me get out of subprime hell!

Psugirl

2. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Has anyone ever had luck converting the click citi AA card to something else?

They gave me a credit line of 1000 with, i think, 350 availabe for cash. I dont know how i can get cash from a card with no scan bar!

psugirl

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CITIBANK CAN SEND YOU A CHECK...

Don't do it unless you have an EXTREME EMERGENCY!!!!

4. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Do you mean, dont convert unless I have an emergency. or dont covert cause they will send me a check for the cash advance?

Thanks
    PSugirl

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T DO A "CASH ADVANCE" unless you have an EXTREME EMERGENCY"...

Usually a higher interest rate and 2- 5% tacked on for good measure...

6. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

PSUGirl, I had my AA clik citi plat changed to a clik citi plat select.Not much of a change, except there is no annual fee and I get a 1% rebate every month applied to my outstanding balances.

VJ

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

just tell them you want the citibank platinum select, they'll switch you over. The citibank platinum select is one of their lowest priced carry a balance card. I'm rolling prime+1.9% on it, no annual fee. No kickbacks, but since i'm carrying a balance, thats a moot point.

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Most people have a difficult time getting prime+1.9% from chase.Average is about 14.9% on the fixed side.

Should mention there is a downside to switching cards w/chase.Chase will close the original acct # and report it as a
    R-0 rating for 7 years(want to guess what fico will do with that?) and then open the new card with a new acct # with another R-0 rating for 1 month or untill there is a payment.
    I was able to get them to change the original acct# to a
    R-1 after 6 months with much effort.

VJ

9. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I already have the platinum select

I also have the drivers edge (converting into the dividend card for cash back)

And, i have the click citi AA

10. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Chase?? Im talking about citibank vj.

11. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Lost focus, sorry.
    Keep this part;

PSUGirl, I had my AA CLICK citi plat changed to a CLICK citi plat select.Not much of a change, except there is no annual fee and I get a 1% rebate every month applied to my outstanding balances.

Citi will usually keep the same acct # if they can.

VJ

12. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I like that idea VJ. I think I may do them same. The cash back would be nice. The annual fee would suck!

Ill tell you what happens when I get the card and go from there.

Psugirl

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

well, they both start with a "C"

breeze