Corporate Am Ex Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Does this type of account w/ AmEx help build credit on my credit file w/ the CRA? Thanks..

2. me

me Well-Known Member

RE: Corporate Am Ex Credit Car

no... they do not report to the cra's

3. bjoe

bjoe Active Member

This sucks. I got one and they do not report your account to the CRA's- yet they were happy to post a hard inquiry to the CRA when I applied

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Are you guys sure? When I looked at my credit report that I recently got, it listed my AmEx card with "Never been Late" on it. Doesn't this mean I am building credit?

5. me

me Well-Known Member

Positive.. The only accounts that AmEx reports are the Credit Cards that they offer.. That is: Optima, Blue, among others...

Any of the 'traditional' charge cards where you have to pay off at the end of each month are never reported.

Trust me.

6. Greg

Greg Guest

Not true. My Personal Card from AMEX is on all three credit reports.

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX Charge Cards DO REPORT!

You are incorrect about AMEX not reporting their Charge Cards. My Green Card is reported every month with an 01 - means it is an open no limit charge - due in full and current each month.

The AMEX Charge Card and the AMEX revolving credit cards - regardless of variety - are the strongest credit reporting entries one can have.

After all - AMEX is the most selective Card
    Company anywhere. Their credit criteria excludes many applicants, but they do make some exceptions for those that do not meet certain regular criteria - i.e., resources!

Everyone else here who holds AMEX will verify my statements.

It is conceiveable that their "business products" are not reported to a "personal cardholder" credit report." BUT, it will
    be the small business owner's already established personal credit that will determine the outcome of an AMEX Corporate
    Card decision. Size and resources of the company are a large factor, as well.

CYA Dogman