Corporate Amex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by new here, Apr 30, 2001.

1. new here

new here Member

I apologize for asking this question again, but the board changed and I can't find the original thread. Does anyone know what the min. FICO score is for a corporate AMEX card? I wasn't going to apply but the company says it is mandatory! Please help!!!!!

2. King-AMEX

King-AMEX Member

For Corp cards, they usually do not use your credit profile unless you are the primary owner. If that is the case, I would not be able to disclose the FICO score. They only to know if you qualify is to apply!

3. new here

new here Member

Thanks for the reply King, I am not the primary, only an employee, but it said on the application that credit history would be pulled! Do they sometimes put that on the application, and then not do it?

4. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

I got turned down for Corp. AMEX when it was based on my credit history (score)...meaning they pull individual CRs...and also add a hard inquiry to your CR (but don't report payment history unless you are late!)...my company recently changed the procedure so that they are culpable for the charges -- so whippee, want a Corp. AMEX -- just sign right here. Got mine in 2 days (but they still don't report to CRAs)!...

Good Luck!
    Hurricane

5. melsy

melsy Member

I recently got a corportate Amex - probably the same type of system your company uses (meaning, they pulled my credit and I get the bills) I was worried sick that I would be turned down but they actually approved me. They put an inquiry on Experian. I'm pretty sure they just look for a bankruptcy or maybe some really recent charge-offs or something like that, rather than go by your fico. Most companies will back the employee (especially if they say it's mandatory for you to apply). The company says that the employee is liable; however, I think that the company is sort of like a co-signer so that if the employee defaults they will be responsible. Of course they don't want the employee to know this. I was denied when I applied for the corp amex at my last company, but they were a small company and probably didn't have a great relationship with Amex and didn't back their employee's accounts.

Anyway, I think you should apply - your company will get you approved.

6. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

I wish that was the situation when I applied for a corporate AMEX two years ago. I was turned down outright and had to grovel to my company to "guarantee" the card. That was a somewhat humbling experience.