Cost of one Inquiry on Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, May 22, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Cost of Ten Inquiries on Score

VJ..you said that so much better than I did..thanks..

And, breeze...hehehehhe...:)

2. kim

kim Well-Known Member

? for Dave

Do you know anything about multiple variable regression analysis?

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: ? for Dave

Yes. I am a CompE graduate from Case Western Reserve University both undergrad and grad. I remember at least a week on regression analysis. Non linear regression analysis and Curve fitting took about 5 days (like taking a drink of education from a fire hose) :) ...Why do you ask?

-Dave

4. kim

kim Well-Known Member

I ask because that's what I believe how FICO scoring works.

It's a hard concept to explain if someone is unfamiliar with it. But in essence I believe that the system works by running this type of analysis, this would explain why one person get 5 pts taken off for an inquiry and another only gets 1 pt taken off for an inquiry. It's also very logical that if they are running a regression analysis that they could have the top 4 attributes affecting your score.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Not in essence but exactly how it works.

-Dave

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

This thread is making me as sleepy as my statistics classes did.

7. kim

kim Well-Known Member

Those that understand regression analysis then know, that it is completely useless trying to figure out what your credit score on any given day will be, by doing x,y, or z. They also understands that it also depends on what john and jane q public do that affects their score. Since regression analysis is based on several hundred, thousands, hundreds of thousands of observations to compute the score. Observations meaning you, me, and anyone else that has a credit file.

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: zzzzzzz

And now I'm in that stage of sleepiness where I feel like driving into the headlights of on-coming traffic.

-Dave