Couple of questions.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by wmarge, Sep 23, 2003.

1. wmarge

wmarge Member

What is the difference between:

Past Due: $0 Condition: Derogatory Responsibility: Terminated
    Remarks: Collection Account
    Canceled by credit grantor
    and..

collection/paid ?

It is a bogus account on mine and my hubbys credit report (was a bank account that we forgot about that had $$ in it and was inactive so they started charging the account until it was about $80 negitive and sent it to collections! total BS)

I sent the Doctrine of Estoppel letter registered mail and they recieved it.... do they have to act on it?

Thanks

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Send the CA a validation letter .
    Who is the CA?

3. wmarge

wmarge Member

The CA is Citibank savings, I paid the debt(at least 1 yr agobefore I found this website) with a "verbal" agrement that they would REMOVE it, Back then I was gullable! and believed that they would remove it. I hate to say debt because the checking account had several hundred $ in it just because it inactive, they started charging the account and went through the $ and then it went to negitive. I had moved and had my mail forwarded and got everyother bill to my new address.....very frustrating I just wonder how many other people got ripped off! ya know

Thankx for replying!

4. wmarge

wmarge Member

So I didn't think that I needed to send a valadation letter, because it is valid, so I sent the Estoppel letter instead. Is that correct......

5. wmarge

wmarge Member

So I didn't think that I needed to send a valadation letter, because it is valid, so I sent the Estoppel letter instead. Is that correct......

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

If you've already paid it, I don't think a validation or estoppal will do any good. That is to make them validate that the debt is yours or remove it because they haven't replied to the validation.

Since you have paid it, you have "validated" it.

I think dispute it with the CRAs first and see if it's verified.

If so, then maybe a goodwill letter might help.