CRA adding Pd Coll to file

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ebs, Sep 8, 2000.

1. Ebs

Ebs Guest

Help I recieved first file in Jan 2000. Paid off many outstanding debts, last week sent off for second copy of file to see headway im making to find this had been added.

>collection Record<
    XXX collect #xxxxxx collection acct
    >Paid collection<
    verif'd 07/2000 Balance: $0 Indiv acct
    placed 11/95 most owed: <$30
    paid off 06/2000
    >status as of 06/2000: paid collection<

I did pay this bill off in june with collection agency and it was listed in both the other cra's but was not listed with this one. do I dispute with the cra or do I dispute with collection co. please no cost repair services in less than 2 years sol will remove all negs and all acct are already 0 Bal. ps. I like this site but my first post so be gentle THANKS

2. CardReport

CardReport Guest

I suggest disputing with the credit bureau. My understanding is that the collection agency *can* do this. The thing to try to take advantage of is the collection agency's lack of interest in old paid accounts. If you try to get the agency to retract the listing, they really have no incentive to take the effort (and the possible violation of their subscription contract with the bureau.) But if you dispute it with the bureau, then the collectors might not confirm it, since they may have moved the account records into less-accessable archives from where the active accounts are.

Good Luck.

--
    CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference

http://www.cardreport.com/

Everything You Need To Know About Credit And Debt
    --

3. Ebs

Ebs Guest

Thanks I will take your advice and give it a try.. Ebs