CRA caught lying....what a shock!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imhosed, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

I disputed a delinquent account with all the CRA's and TUC and Experian deleted but Equifax verified the account. I got a letter from Experian today saying they are reinserted. Can they do this?

I took time to call Verizon to confirm if they have any form of contact from the any of credit within the last 60 days and they said NO. The rep noted on my account that they have had no contact with any bureaus and also noted that they should make a note whenever they receive any form of communication from any of the bureaus. I couldn't get Verizon to send me a letter stating what they told me. I am in the process documenting the screwup from the bureaus so I can sue them. Is this good enough or is there anything else I can do.

Please any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't they put anything in writing? I would think you need this a proof before filing suit.

Tom

3. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

I tried to get the guy to send me a letter and he told me since they have already sent me a letter saying the account is settled, he can't send me another one. I want to give it a few days and call another rep to see what I can do.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Record the phone call. In most states, if it does not involve some type of criminal activity, only one party has to know that the converstaion is being recorded.

breeze

5. tltrader

tltrader Active Member

Re: CRA caught lying....what a shoc

You were probably talking to a customer service rep at Verizon who didn't have much interest in your problem since you're not a customer anymore. If I'm not mistaken the CRA's are required to provide you with specific info concerning who verified (name. address, phone, etc.). You need to talk directly with the person or dept. that the CRA says verified the info in your file. Record the conversation. If that person says they never were contacted by the CRA they might be willing to put in writing. If not at least you have the recorded conversation. If the CRA can't provide verification specifics then they probably didn't verify. The derog info should then come off or they are violating the FCRA.