CRA Reports before card arrives

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Jun 25, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I got an alert message from CreditExpert.com that a new item has appeared on my report. I logged in and checked, on June 24th FNANB began reporting that I have a new card. I applied on the 19th of June, and I have not received the card yet, but FNANB is already reporting it. Not that I am upset (I did get approved) but that just seems ridiculous.

-Dave

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new account Nave!!

If you don't mind me asking?

Have you had any luck disputing anything via "Creditexpert". I just tried disputing today.

Thanks - Jim

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Don't you love the information age?

It actually works in your advantage I would say. Even if someone used your name to obtain a cc , you would have enough time to cancel it before the card got into the hands of the criminal.

Before the instant online credit reports you would request a report and wait a week or more for it to arrive by snail mail. In that time period, the card would have arrived in the hands of the criminal and damage would have been done.

Now info from you report gets into your hands quicker and you have time to dispute and call the CRA, FTC, Banks .....

most of the time the crime happens and we won't find out about it until you happen to apply for something and you get the " you are denied" letter. lol

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

That is as good as my wife's NEXT CARD account, closed on the same day they posted the balance transfers...FIRST BILLING MONTH WAS ONE DAY LONG!!!!

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hey Jim,
    Thanks. No I have not disputed anything on CreditExpert, sorry. Actually, I did not know you could dissputee from there. Hope someone else can help you.

-Dave

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response Nave!!

Nave - Maybe you don't need to dispute anything so the "Dispute function" may not be of any value to you.

On Trans Union - I have nothing to dispute. So I hope that your relationship with EX is the same.

But...

If you have any questions about disputing thru Creditexpert - just ask. I am disputing as of today and am contemplating more disputes. We'll see.

The dispute function is not visible to clients at all times. If this interests you, check out my thread to Leo dated 6-25. If you have questions, just start a thread addressed to me.

Again, I hope that you simply have nothing to dispute with EX like me with TU.

Best wishes - Jim

7. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Yes, Nave, it is ridiculous-- and just the kind of monkeybusiness that should be given attention. It's inaccurate.

What's your next move?

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Greg,
    I got the card today so I guess it is accurate now. But I agree, that is ridiculous...everyone is having problems and blaming the CRA's(somewhat correctly), but I think equal blame is on the overly aggressive reporting creditors...those that report the first (and only) 1 day late item, as 30 days past due, overlimit reports when you go over by $10... basically those that are SO EAGER to get the info reported that they are prone to make mistakes and are partially responsible for your erroneous information on your reports. There ought to be more strict standards (laws) on the reporting end as well.

-Dave

9. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

yes, but what does the tradeline state? How many months reviewed?