Crap Experian!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chelechele, Sep 30, 2001.

1. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Remember my alter ego and the problem I had. I think they put a fraud alert on my report......CRAP....now I can't pull online. Can I call them and have them fix this? My report is already cleared up of all that stuff!!!!

2. chelechele

C'mon guys...help...can this be fixed?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would venture to say NOT with a phone call. I would think that because of the previous situation they would expect all communication in written form with proof of id.... the famous dl/utility bill documentation.

4. chelechele

Damn that makes me so mad!!!!!!! URGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Don't kill the messenger.... [runs for hiding]

6. chelechele

No not you kev.......I am just so mad at them in the first place for not catching the fact that the stuff on my report was a blantant co mingle....and now, to top it off, since they fixed the major stuff, this notion of mine that there is a fraud alert.....oooohhhh that burns my butt... :)

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev and all

[qote]I would think that because of the previous situation they would expect all communication in written form with proof of id.... the famous dl/utility bill documentation.[/quote]

I've got that dl/utility bil documentation monkey business pretty well fixed so you don't have to send them all that crap.

click here for dl/ssn id request method

click here for utility bill documentation substitute they can't argue with

These two methods avert the need to go hunting up utility bills and maybe giving out information that one might not really want to give to the credit bureaus and it also reduces the number of documents down to two from the need for maybe 4 or 5 sheets of paper. So it also reduces the cost of photocopies over time when you are likely to need the same documentation over and over again.

8. chelechele

OK...I called...there was no alert on my report....so, WTF? Is it because of a current investigation?

9. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Chelechele

I have been unable to pull my Experian online for a couple of weeks. The reason for me is due to my cancellation of CE during my free trial period. This raised a "red flag" as to my identity according to CE.

CE charged my credit card after I had a confirmed cancellation during the trial period. I had to call them to get the credit. About a month later I tried to sign up again and was told that my identity was in question. It turns out this was due to the cancellation. They would not allow me an account free or paid until I mailed a copy of my DL and an additional proof of address. Once my ID is authenticated my card will be charged and I will have access again. 3-4 days.

10. chelechele

I don't have credit expert......This is just pulling it online for free b/c of denial.