CRAP! Privista Updated and.....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Sep 4, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

three deleted items, all three actually incorrect, came back on my report. My score DROPPED big time. I felt sick to my stomach seeing that. They are such obvious errors I can't believe they made it back onto my report. I am so pissed right now.....

This sucks as I had saved up and was going to get a new car this weeekend, not now....I know they will pull Equifax (GA) and this is now my worst report by far (was my best).

Anyone for a drink?

Shawn

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PEPSI ON THE ROCKS STRAIGHT UP...

3. supershawn

I'm in Atlanta, George. I think they shoot you for saying the 'P' word here.

It's Coke or 'Sweet Tea', although I've never had the latter.

Thanks for the offer, though....what a crappy day.

Shawn

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

While this may actually have happened, may I just add a personal experience...

I've had Privista "update" stuff from years ago....like an inquiry from 2000 that had nothing to do with anything....you might want to pull an Equifax report direct. Just a thought..hope it is what happened to me.

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I would call the CRA and ask them if the creditor requested that the accounts be reinserted, and then write the creditor to document, CRR. Did the CRA ever notify you of the reinsertion as required under FCRA?

Pursuant to FCRA 611 (a) (5);

(A) In general. If, after any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) of any information disputed by a consumer, an item of the information is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or cannot be verified, the consumer reporting agency shall promptly delete that item of information from the consumer's file or modify that item of information, as appropriate, based on the results of the reinvestigation.

(B) Requirements relating to reinsertion of previously deleted material.

(i) Certification of accuracy of information. If any information is deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A), the information may not be reinserted in the file by the consumer reporting agency unless the person who furnishes the information certifies that the information is complete and accurate.

(ii) Notice to consumer. If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion

(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;

(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; and

(III) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the disputed information.

(C) Procedures to prevent reappearance. A consumer reporting agency shall maintain reasonable procedures designed to prevent the reappearance in a consumer's file, and in consumer reports on the consumer, of information that is deleted pursuant to this paragraph (other than information that is reinserted in accordance with subparagraph (B)(i)).

If the creditor did indeed request the information to be reinserted, and the info can be proven incorrect, file a small claims lawsuit for $1000 per FCRA violation. Otherwise, have the creditor report to the CRA that the information should not have been reinserted. If the CRA refuses to delete, sue.

6. supershawn

Thanks guys......I really appreciate the help.

I have a huge meeting tomorrow with a client and my whole evening is dedicated to getting ready for that, but tomorrow night I am going to prepare the letters. Looks like the car will just have to hold off a month or so. No problem, I'd rather wait and do it right.

Thanks again...

Shawn

7. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Privista sent me an alert but won't let me in. I have emailed customer support three times but they are not responding. It is a real good thing they are not in the same town or even somewhat close to where I live or I would be at their door.

John

8. supershawn

John-

I would have been much better off today if they didn't.

I am sooo mad right now there is no way I will get to sleep tonight.

This really pisses me off.

Shawn

9. IncomeHelp

I do understand Shawn. I'm afraid it is bad news for me so I want to get over it now without wondering about it. At least you know already and can't sleep. i don't know and can't sleep. So I'll just forget about it.

I was doing better score wise until I got the Target and Home Depot. All three scores went down into the gutter. I can not stand CRA's.

John

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I sure could use a 151 and "Coke" (yes it's been that kind of a day!).

At any rate. Don't read to much into Privista's updates. I got an update from them last week and it said that my Citibank Visa account was inactive! I was like WTF? Then the next week it was back in the normal place. In July then sent an update 1 week that a new account was added to my report (Asset Acceptance). Then a week later it was supposedly deleted. Then like 2 weeks later it was added back. I think what happens is that when they download information from Equifax to their software, sometimes the information gets put in the wrong catagories, etc.

11. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree, MP.

They constantly notify me of a "new address added to file", while the "new address" shown is the current one.

Saar

12. IncomeHelp

Well they contacted me and I'm back in. The update is my credit union reporting a $1,000 line of credit with 0 balance. So I have another positive tradeline but since it is new lowered my score. The privista score went from 48 to 46 it says. 46 out of 100 in my state and 54 out of 100 in my age group. Hmmm

One more sad thing is that they are not listing my Target card so when that hits I'll receive another drop. I am not applying for anything else this year.

John

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Don't fret yet. Like worthknowing.com, Privista is not live information. I would call Equifax and ask for a status on the accounts. You may find that they are deleted. Wait a week, you may see them fall off the Privista website also. It's happened to me!

14. supershawn

You guys are SWELL!!!!! <g>

(my best Leave it to Beaver Impression).

I am going to wait until the next update before I write any letters just in case.

You know, I hear when you diet you are not supposed to weigh yourself often as your weight fluctuates too much and it depresses you. Maybe we are doing the same thing with our 'weekly' credit score checking.

Nah, if I had my way I would want it to update twice a day.

Thanks again for the positive thoughts!

Shawn

15. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

My friends and I in California have invented a new drink (actually renamed a drink with the horrid name of Duck Fart), and I highly recommend it. Equal Parts Crown Royal, Kahlua, and Baileys. It's now called the Rolling Black Out. Beware: It strikes without warning.

My own variation: add another equal part Godiva Chocolate Liqeuer and mix in the blender with ice, or better yet, Vanilla Ice Cream. No name yet... What shall I call it???? The Black Diamond perhaps? Downhill Run? Avalanche (it does resemble a Mud Slide, I suppose)? ... Any Suggestions?

"I have all the money I'll ever need if I die by four o'clock." Henny Youngman

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." George Carlin

16. supershawn

Very similar to my favorite nightcap.......

Cream, Chambord, and Baileys over ice.....sometimes skip the ice and substitue vanilla ice cream for the milk. YUM. On a particulary bad day, throw in a shot of Vodka..it doesn't change the flavor, just adds a little kick where it counts.

Has a smooth Black Rasberry Taste. It has a dirty name (we had several when we named it) so I won't repeat <g>

Hmmmm......Maybe I could go for one now.

Shawn