CRAPONE AUTOMATIC INCREASE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 15, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Just for fun I checked my two CapOne accounts online. When I got my Citibank card in October 2000 I cut them up. I haven't used them since 12/2000. Well to my amazement I got an automatic limit increase on my classic card. I received a $100 increase (wow)!!!! This is so funny I have had that card since 12/98 and I started with a $200 limit ($200 secured). And my Citibank card was opened in Oct. 2000 with a $2000 limit and on Friday I got a $1,000 increase instantly online. Gotta love it!

ps. I keep the Capone card because its my oldest revolving trade line and that is the only reason. Also, I now have two Citibank cards. I just got another one Jan. 1st!!

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

oh yeah should be here

Sorry so excited about my increase (lol).

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: oh yeah should be here

Molly, I called Cap 1 last week and ask for a line increase. Cap 1 gave me a $300.00 increase, my second one in over 4 years. I will be paying the balance off within 2 billing cycles. This too is my oldest tradline and I will keep it for that purpose. I think you should try to increase your credit limit every chance you get. It looks like Cap 1 account is up for review every six months. I use my Cap 1 to pay my Palm.com account. ($26.00 per month)

Best regards,
    Sam

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SOUNDS LIKE DISCOVERCARD...I have NEVER had an automatic credit line increase with DISCOVERCARD.
    I also asked them to look on the computer screen for a "PRE-APPROVED" increase...they say NO every time..."just apply and we will pull a credit report and you will have it ~ or not in about one half hour".

THE >$200,000 OF PURCHASES IN THE PAST SIX OR SO YEARS MEANS NOTHING...NEVER LATE MEANS NOTHING...NEVER OVER-LIMIT MEANS NOTHING.

DISCOVERCARD IS GONE WHEN I GET MY AMEX CASH BACK CARD...THE 20th...FRIDAY???
    (Still afraid to talk to a real person, because of prior history with changing answers to the SAME QUESTION)

5. mt

mt Guest

I had a discover card in college and received regular limit increases w/ no income. Crazy. Of course, the increases would happen around the holidays, allowing you spend more.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I wonder if DISCOVERCARD will get the message when I do not use the card after JULY 2001 when
    "CASH BACK" TIME IS UP...STARTS OVER.