CRA's w/ easiest deletions..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

What success have you guys had with each CRA? For me, Experian seems to be the one that verifies most of everything on my report.. so far, with only one full thorough round of doing disputes, duplicates, and validations - I now have:

TU: 9 negatives
    Equifax: 10 negatives
    Experian: 21 negatives

I started with

TU: 24 negatives
    Equifax: 25 negatives
    Experian: 25 negatives

I've had pretty good success (50% or so), and hope to continue through round 2 and 3. What is everyone else's experience?

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, so far everything I have ever disputed has come off 100% first round.

I have only a couple left to go, and a couple that I am still battling with the CA's on so haven't disputed those as of yet. The two I do actually have left to go are dealing with a bank repo of two houses and they will be 5 years old on the first of August this year, and a few days later I will go into court and file a quiet title motion on those which will re-repossess the two houses back from the bank's sham corportation they "sold" the houses to after the foreclosure.

Once that's done, the fun will really begin because they will then owe me for the back rent for the 5 years at about $450 per house per month plus interest and reasonable attorney fees. After that I will go after them for damages they did to the property during the past 5 years.

I imagine that all of that will get their attention pretty quickly. I'm sure that the re-repossession itself won't cost them much of anything if they bought title insurance under the sham company's name which I would imagine they did when they transferred title, so they would most likely go against the title insurance company for the loss.

I might even get vindictive and prove to the title insurance company that they simply sold it to themselves under an unbrella company and that might end up with a loss for them.
    Of course, I don't know that the title insurance company would be able to deny the claim on the grounds that they simply sold it to themselves or not, but they might have fun trying.

Anyway, I've never had an adverse report that I couldn't get rid of yet.

3. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

TU was the easiest for me. No questions, just deleted what I asked them to. On the other two, I got about 65% of what I have asked for so far on the first try.

Experion takes forever just to get the report to me so that I can start the process but they seem to read what I send them and do it right the first time.

Equifax seems to be able to do only one deletion per letter. I think they are too stupid to do more. My experience with them is that if I put more than one problem in a letter, they only deal with the first one. Then, I have to start over. This time I will only put one problem in each letter and see how they do.

I'm not being mean. I honestly think they are not smart enough to deal with one problem at a time.

My problem now is convincing Equifax to even send me a credit report so I can get going. I hope to have it by the end of this week.

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Equifax seems to be the easiest for me. Experian and TU are about the same. Equifax is my best report. 95% of my negative tradelines came off as I disputed them myself.

Experian will out right lie and say they verified tradelines knowing they didn't. They have the rudest and laziest reps. I think Experian is the most difficult for me because I deal with the local office.

TU seems 50/50 sometimes I have a lot of success others I have none at all.

5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Terry: which experian office do u send your stuff to? I have been sending mine to a PO BOX in texas. They are my toughest as well and haven't deleted much based on the letters I write.. I am disputing duplicates, inaccurate entries, and NOT MINE basically.. same letters have been effective with the other 2 CRAs though.

6. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I disputed three things on my report:
    Experian deleted one and then verified two, then sent me something two days later saying they were going to reinsert.

TU - erased one thing

Equifax - deleted two things.....

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I realize you're asking Terry but it sounds like I'm having the same dismal results with Experian (NCAC) of Allen, TX.

I've been blocked out of getting my online report from the Experian web site so this morning I called them to ask about getting a full report sent to me because I want more than just an "update" list. The rep said (not a direct quote): Texas does not require that we provide a full report after an investigation is completed. I asked why would a state have to "require" it if it's a FEDERAL law (it is, isn't it?) and she just ignored my question and said I could buy it for $9.20. Whatever. I just want a full report to look at so I said fine. Next she offers to give me the address to mail a check or money order to. So I asked, Why? Cant I just pay by credit card over the phone?? She says, yes ... (sighs) ... and tells me to hold on. Must have interrupted a coffee break or something. Finally, after a few minutes, she comes back and takes my credit card info and tells me I should get my report in 8 to 10 business days. Why it would take that long to travel from Allen, TX to Austin, TX is beyond me. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if it never shows up. Oh well, I feel better now that I've vented.

8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I feel your frustrations Linda.. just hang in there and be patient. It's just time.. i basically send all my disputes and validations and just move on with my life until I get results back and do it again so I don't really worry about it full time.

This way, I don't have to stress out about it.. my goal is to have clean gleaning credit by December..

I plan on suing the CRAs in September if my CR's aren't clean by then because I'll have all the necessary paper trail as well..

9. David

David Well-Known Member

Experian (for me).

Closely followed by Equifax.

The toughest--by far in my efforts--is TransUnion.

I received a letter two days ago (regarding duplicate erroneous student loan reporting) that basically said "student loan folks can do whatever they want, I need to contact them--blaseh, blaseh".

To which I sent a letter, along with a copy of their letter, stating that according to Federal Law, and not their opinions, they are required to substantiate/document/correct--or delete.

I also let them know they are not above the law--period.

I have three disputes that just passed the 30 day mark (two dupe Sprint CA's, one other CA that isn't mine); Experian and Equifax deleted/took care of them two to three weeks ago; last I checked, they still sit at TransUnion (they're investigation will be completed the 8th, according to their letter).

We'll see--but in my estimation, they are slower than the Webster definition of slow.

Just my two cents.

David :)

10. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Linda...

Just an FYI-disputed some stuff with Experian back in December after receiving a copy of my report (paid for). They only sent me copies of the PAGE that any correction occurred on, including a page (which is part of the report) that listed all of the changed/innaccurate info.

As for Equifax in Texas, I always receive an updated report from the local bureau (CSC services). TU sends me a brand new report each time as well.

I am gonna research this law. Sounds like Experian might be doing what they please.

11. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: Linda...

I'm not doing my own disputing, Junum is doing it for me, but Equifax has by far been the easiest. I know Junum didn't dispute everything on my CR, but every negative I had (my CR had been about 10 pages due to Student loans that had been sold/consolidated) was GONE. My CR is now 2 pages (due to inquiries) with not one negative. The correction page they sent only showed 5 things deleted.

Experian is being a total bull. They're "verifying" things I KNOW they can't possibly! Followed closely by TransUnion. And I'm getting really tired of TransUnion's "new info added" notation and when you look, there's nothing new...OH YEAH, except the day it was "verified".

Thank goodness in my area they don't use Experian so I have time enough to work on them (I haven't had an inquiry to Experian since I moved to NC in 98).

Those who have had success with Experian, what tactics are you using that's yielding your results?

12. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am trying to be patient. I was hoping to go house hunting in August and I thought 5 months would be enough time to get my reports looking better. To be more realistic I guess I should shoot for the end of this year. By then my 2 store cards will be a year old and my providian 1/2 yr. Plus I'll have more money for a down payment. But, gee whiz, I want my own place NOW! Yes, yes, I know ... patience! :)

13. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I live in the metro Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania
    area. There is a Experian office not far from me, about 10 miles away. This part is interesting, when I joined junum they send my disputes to Texas. I receive my results from Texas. I only receive a couple pages showing the results only. However; if I have problems with the outcome of the investigation I have to contact my local bureau.

I called once, because I didn't think they really verified a tradeline. It so noisy and the reps weren't eager to help. It was as if I was keeping them from doing something. The phone call was rushed, and the rep was extremely rude. I asked how they verified the information from Capitol One. She informed me they are online. The dispute is sent electronically to Capitol one. I asked her for a copy of the form. She sent me out the verification form they use(which is online), and a full credit report.

Experian constantly advertises in the paper for customer service representatives. Judging from the ad they must have a very high attrition rate.

14. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Yep, I get full reports from Equifax (CSC in Houston, TX) as well. I'm doing my own research, too. Let me know what you come up with. Also, any ideas on what, if anything, can be done about this?

Here's what Texas' Finance code says:

§ 392.202. Correction of Third-Party Debt Collector's or Credit Bureau's Files

(a) An individual who disputes the accuracy of an item in a third-party debt collector's or credit bureau's file on the individual may notify in writing the third-party debt collector or credit bureau of the inaccuracy. The third-party debt collector or credit bureau shall provide forms for the notice and, when requested, assist an individual in preparing the notice.

(b) Not later than the 30th day after the date a notice of inaccuracy is received, the third-party debt collector or credit bureau shall send a written statement to the individual:

(1) denying the inaccuracy;

(2) admitting the inaccuracy; or

(3) stating that the third-party debt collector or credit bureau has not had sufficient time to complete an investigation of the inaccuracy.

(c) If the third-party debt collector or credit bureau admits that the item is inaccurate, the third-party debt collector or credit bureau shall:

(1) not later than the fifth business day after the date of the admission, correct the item in the relevant file; and

(2) immediately on correction of the item send to each person who has previously received a report from the third-party debt collector or credit bureau containing the inaccurate information notice of the inaccuracy and a copy of an accurate report.

(d) If the third-party debt collector or credit bureau states that there has not been sufficient time to complete an investigation, the third-party debt collector or credit bureau shall immediately:

(1) change the item in the relevant file as requested by the individual;

(2) send to each person who previously received the report containing the information a notice that is equivalent to a notice under Subsection (c) and a copy of the changed report; and

(3) cease collection efforts if the item involves a debt.

(e) On completion by the third-party debt collector or credit bureau of the investigation, the third-party debt collector or credit bureau shall inform the individual of the determination of whether the item is accurate or inaccurate. If the third-party debt collector or credit bureau determines that the information was accurate, the third-party debt collector or credit bureau may again report that information and resume collection efforts.

Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1008, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.

15. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I think that it is just good business practice to send you an updated copy of your report. Particularly if they are sending copies to anyone who has seen your report lately.

Of course, this could have been a rep that simply was unaware of procedure and processes.

If I find anything more, I'll let you know. Thanks.

16. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Apply, get a job there, delete everything negative off your report...then quit :)
    LOL -Dave

Psssst - delete mine too!

17. marci

marci Well-Known Member

lol... great wishful thinking!

I bet it is nearly impossible for an employee of a CRA to access his or her own report from that CRA.

18. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Experian has actually been sendnig me the complete updated reports - however, there is little noticeable difference. I've only had a total of 4 deletions or so from them, so that still leaves over 20 negatives on my report.

Equifax and TU seem to be the easiest for me.. I've even requested up to 10-15 disputes in one letter and Equifax attempted to verify each one. Majority of them were deleted as well..

I wonder if I would get better luck sending my dispute to another Experian office besides the one in TX.

I also get back "UPDATED" listings that look EXACTLY the same as the ones there before.. the last updated date is even updated.