Cra's Wont Update My Account Need H

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joer, Oct 24, 2001.

1. joer

joer Well-Known Member

i was in debt with first usa bank for $10,500.00.Just settled for $5000.00 on 08/09/2001.All 3 cra wont change update my report from closed/charge off to Paid charge off.Someone give me advice what to do.Thank you

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You mean you paid them off? You actually paid $5,000 for 7 more years of bad credit reports?

Unbelieveable! Absolutely unbelievable. Happens though.

If you actually did that, best you get busy trying to tell the credit bureaus that it isn't yours or something like that. Best time to do it is around the first of December. They might be too busy due to the holiday vacations when they are short handed and they might not get around to actually verifying it.

You might be able to spam it off most any old time, but Christmas time is one of the best times to do it.

3. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I paid off several of my charge accs. and it doesn't restart the 'clock' it shows to fall off 7 years from the last date of delinquency.
    KHM

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

When was this account first charged off?? It's not 7 years from payment, it's 7 years from delinquency date/charge off.

Anyway have you tried contacting Fusa and asking them if they have updated this account as paid?? Is it still showing a balance on your reports?? if so you just have to keep disputing this account to be marked paid.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

BILL:

That's incorrect... It's seven years from the first missed payment. I know that you don't like working with credit reporting agencies, but don't scare him to death with bad information!

If they try to re-age the debt to start the clock from the payoff- BAM! Theres a violation of the FCRA and justification to have the INACCURATE information removed.

It's not as impossible to get things off your credit report as you like to make people believe while promoting your service. CRAs and the original creditors make just a many legal mistakes are your collection agencies.

6. joer

joer Well-Known Member

Guys in your response ,whats the best route to take in order to have this updated.Please help

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thats fresh.... You're going to have a major problem with it... You may want to contact FUSA and ask about having them delete it....

Otherwise, look for the errors.... if it still shows a balance... BINGO... If the date of activity is wrong... BINGO... Understand?

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

What or whom I do or do not like working with is as equally irrelevant as the ludicrous idea that one can simply go BINGO! BINGO! and cash in on his winnings.

What the FTC has to say and what both of us most assuredly are fully aware of is equally irrelevant to a 3rd party collector who constantly deals with consumers who have not the foggiest idea about who the FTC is or what they do much less about the FTC opinion letter named "JOHNSON" located at http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra/johnson.htm has to say about the Statute of Limitations for reporting nor the rules on which the Johnson letter expounds and explains so eloquently. They believe that the consumer wouldn't have the common sense to know what a right was if it jumped up and bit him and the Credit Bureaus also usually operate under just about the same perceptions of the consumer and therefore do just about whatever they want, and re-aging the debt on the consumer is just one of the more than 300 ways they can and do use to "bite" the consumer at every opportunity.

And since the average consumer is not sufficiently empowered to do anything more effective about it than follow your sage words of advice and go BINGO BINGO, more often than not they end up with a report which gets re-aged for another 7 years at every conceiveable opportunity.
    While I am sure you have the knowledge and ability to go BINGO BINGO and somehow cash in on it, most folks don't so they have to live with the practical realities heaped upon those with more knowledge and creftiness than they. And those practicalities are that they may very well have to live with it for the next 7 years after they made the last payment and nobody cares anymore except them.

While you are, of course, absolutely correct in your statement about when the start of the 7 year period begins, most folks are not so well endowed as you so they seldom have either the time nor the resources nor the inclination to run around all the time hollering BINGO BINGO.

Nor do they really want to go to the time and trouble to go hunt up and hire competent legal counsel, go to court and testify in order to make BINGO BINGO work for them. They just want a quick and as painless a solution as possible to the predicaments in which they are embroiled. They are interested in the practical answers, not FTC, their opinion letters nor in running around hollering BONGO BONGO or BINGO BINGO or anything else. In fact, they don't want to have to holler at all.

It's the most practical answers possible they want, not BONGO BONGO BINGO BINGO

It was the practical answer I gave him, not the WHANGO WHANGO.

Understand?

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

11. beary

beary Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, many of us have a life, and we can not hang out on these boards 24/7 soaking up all of the good advice on here and then spend several hours a day banging our heads against the wall dealing with these idiots that control our lives through our CR's.

It's far far easier and more sensible to pay $35 a month for Credit Wrench than to pay someone $35 an hour for several hours several days a month to do the work that is required of us to get all the crap removed from our reports that really shouldn't be there, and to stop these people from plowing us up the Arse without getting kissed.

If I had more time, I'd do it myself, but I do not so I'm doing the next best thing.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It doesn't take several hours a day or hundreds of dollars.... that's a lovely myth spread by people who want to make money off of you!

You have examples of all the information you need HERE.... FREE.... If you choose to listen to people who tell you need to spend money, buy their bridges and lovely beachfront property in New Mexico...

Nobody is able to get your credit repaired in a month... NOBODY! Realistically, most people are looking at a year... so, it's not $35, it's $420... to someone who may not even be a ligit business! ESPECIALLY from someone who has problems getting an increase on his SECURED credit card. (NO, I'm not knocking people who use secured cards, but I don't think anyone else charging for their time as a Credit Expert...)

It's you choice, but I think everyone deserves to hear all of the TRUTH before making it....

13. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

Bkev is right, there is plenty of information that is free on this board and it has helped me (along with others) immensley. There is plenty you can do on your own, and much can be accomplished that way. I would definatley take Bkev's advice and explore all your options and use this board and it's tools to your advantage. However, you may run into a wall now and then and exhaust all your avenues. In that case, I would give Bill a shot at it. Same thing happened to me and he helped me out (for a fee of course), but his way worked. $1000 dollar unpaid chargeoff listed on one report by a CA and on another by the original creditor, both got removed thanks to his help. It all depends on your individual situation. I am not advertising for Bill, just providing an honest opinion. Do it yourself until you've done all you can and then leave the tough ones for Bill (sorry Bill). If you don't need his help in the end, all the better. Just don't rule him out, very intelligent man with some nice tactics.

Matt
    from deep subprime status to prime in 8 months....
    CITI cardholder
    CHASE cardholder

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There is no need to apologize at all, kind sir. What it boils down to is that when the going gets tough, the tough gets going and that's what I do. And I don't waste any time getting after it either. I'd go at it a lot faster if I possibly could. The idea of sitting on the customer's work just so they can be dinged month after month after interminable month is repugnant to me. I just don't do business that way.

I think Bkev pointed that out in another post. He used the figure $35 per month for a year and that comes to $425.00 total outlay. That's totally ludicrous and little more than highway robbery in most cases. Maybe in a really tough one with say 50 or more derogatories per credit bureau report, Bkev's estimate might be close to right. It might even be more than that. I really would not know because I've never yet had a customer go more than about 7 months max and most less than that. Under most normal circumstances, if any one single derogatory can't be deleted from all reports and the customer in a position where he don't owe the debt any more, it's probably time to start thinking about letting David Szwak or some other competent legal professional take it to court and let the judge and his jury decide what the consumer's damages should be.

So if a customer had only 1 derogatory against him, he would be looking at much more like maybe $140 to $175 plus some misc little expenses like getting his credit reports or whatever. and of course, if he has a ton of derogatories it's going to take longer and cost more because of the additional time necessary to address his problems.

That's a far, far cry from any year and $425.00 which is a totally ludicrous figure unless you are hooked up with some bunch of yo-yo's who are doing nothing more than firing off round after round of letters trying to kid the credit bureaus into believeing that a lie is the truth and the truth is a lie. That might take nearly forever in some cases to get the credit bureaus to get dumb enough or take pity on you and wipe off a few of your derogatories.

Of course, those guys who charge that kind of money and take that kind of time to get the job done are the big time professionals. They are also the ones who do a hatchet job on people's good tradelines in the process of "repairing" their credit.

I'm just some little dummy working out of my house with my telephone in my wife's name and that isn't even spelled right and I don't have one of them fancy EIN numbers from the IRS and everything I do is plagarized from this website and others and so people who are thinking about dealing with me had better spend another $5 or more plus long distance telepone calls to the Oklahoma State Treasurers Office and find out if I am registered with the State of Oklahoma under the name of Credit Wrench of Oklahoma or not. Gotta be real cautious when thinking about dealing with some yahoot like me, doncha know?

Of course, I don't run around the message board telling everybody all they gotta do is go BINGO BINGO either.

Oh well, life's like that I guess. Gotta run

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Gloom despair and agony on me Bill.... At least your posts are become a little more honest, but your latest opens more questions...

First off... Don't mislead people! Most people here do not have a single mistake on their credit reports and they don't have 50 on each. Most fall somewhere in the middle... I would hope you would know that considering the 11.5 posts you've averaged during your "membership". Realistically, people are looking at a year to clean up their credit reports.... Even your 100% guaranteed CreditWrench doesn't work overnight....

Which brings us to the second point.... I gather now that you admit there are Credit Wrench customers you have not been able to help after 6 months (which at $35 is still $210). Did you honor your guarantee and give them their money back? I know that's not the style of a big corporation which you like to knock, but may little 'ole you would be so honorable.

Which leads me to my question... You slam other "companies" who offer "credit repair" services like Junum, Lexington, etc. I would love to hear from your customer what the COST PER DELETION averages for your service. Going to the extreme, trying to scare people, employing your tactics, I COULD say that the true cost of your services could be $210 per deletion. Imagine how that would SHOCK some new person to the board. Do you think I would be bullying them the way you do?

Finally.... Not that anyone other that you Bill is reading this post, I would like to mention in my "defense" that I have complimented you several times and listened to your suggestions for each situation. The only thing you've been able to try to do is attack me personally and come up short. You've never EVER said that ANY of my suggestions would be the best method to approach a situation or given me ANY type of compliment. So, I wonder who people would say is being objective... and who has an political/monetary agenda.

AND in you last message you forgot to BRAG again about how you make $200K per year selling cigarettes over the internet!

AND AND BINGO BINGO BINGO Credit Repair without spending money on your "CREDIT WRENCH!"

16. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Can you guys at least keep it in one thread instead screwing them all up?

This stupid argument has gone on for weeks and bouces from thread to thread to thread.

It is between two people, make a thread, and go at it.

Everyone else stopped or took it elsewhere when asked.

Be fair to everyone else. Do what you have to do, come to an agreement, just leave the rest of us out of it.

Shawn

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Shawn... I understand your frustration. I would love to end this... But as said before I will defend myself when personally attacked (on any thread) and feel that people should understand the facts on these issues, not just some person's sales-spin...

Please accept my apologizes Shawn....

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:

Although Shawn has his points, you really don't need to apologize for the stance you are taking against the rip-off credit repair companies.

You are doing a great job of informing the public about them and you should be proud of yourself.

I love it.